Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > System 7 Menus on MacOs 8.6

System 7 Menus on MacOs 8.6
pastusza
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 12, 1999, 11:11 PM

Is there a way to get the menus in MacOs 8.6 to behave the way they did in System 7 and System 6.0x, where you had to hold the mouse button down to get the menus to stay down.

------------------
Andy Pastuszak
[email protected]
Andy Pastuszak
amp68(spammenot)-at-verizon.net

Frank
Dec 13, 1999, 02:44 AM

Well I do not know of any third party software titles that do this, but Apple has built in a solution. To make the menus only stay down when you have the mouse held down is: when you want to pull down a menu depress the mouse button for longer than the time it takes for a 'single click'. This way when you let go the menu will NOT stick down, but will roll-up like in pre MacOS 8.0.

[This message has been edited by Frank (edited 12-13-1999).]

George Orville
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 1999, 02:09 PM

I am also running 8.6 and my menu's stick in the open/down position.... I don't know if it affects it but you may be in the simple finder mode... Go to Menu bar/Edit/Preference andpick the General tab to see which finder you are using.. ..Hope this helps.....

George
bigbiker

wlonh
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 1999, 02:27 PM

there was an init named 'Teflon' that made sticky menus unsticky... it is now called 'NoFlet' (teflon backwards)

from ResExcellence.com:

NoFlet (v2.3b3) 33K Freeware
This is the latest beta version we know of at ResExcellence. I have used it on Mac OS 8.5.1 without any problems- I have not tested it with 8.6 though. There is no Read-Me. Use carefully.
http://207.208.148.74/files/noflet_2.3b3.sit

Forum Links
Forum Rules