Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > MobileMe Alternatives- Hosted Exchange

MobileMe Alternatives- Hosted Exchange
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2008, 10:42 PM

Can someone recommend me a company that will support iPhone 3G that will host my domain and offer hosted exchange?

Ideally, I am looking for a free alternative...but if none exist, then perhaps one that won't 'break-the-bank'...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 22, 2008, 03:01 PM

If you are set on using MS Exchange and want your domain hosted, it will obviously be a Windows host which will likely not provide you access to non-Windows programming languages if you wish to host a website on your domain. Is that a setback?

If you aren't set against a non Exchange solution, is push email a requirement? Are you looking to run a server yourself if it were free?

turboSPE
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 23, 2008, 07:55 PM

I use 1and1.com's hosted exchange. It doesn't sync calendars with iCal or contacts with Address Book (it uses its own calendar/contact syncing), but push works flawlessly and I was using Entourage anyway (and Outlook on my PC).

turboSPE

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 23, 2008, 08:27 PM

Has this thread been clean up ?

I could swear there was some strange spam in here that I commented on...

Anyways, I don't have anything to add as far as "free services" are concerned.
I have not heard that there are any that would have the full feature set up MobileMe and run cheaper than that.

-t

Cold Warrior
Aug 23, 2008, 09:11 PM

You're correct. It was spam from a spammy IP range. I deleted it and your reply (since it included a link to the site and would have looked out of context with the spammer's post gone). I don't mod the forum, but spam is fair game all over.
( Last edited by Cold Warrior; Aug 23, 2008 at 09:25 PM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 24, 2008, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
You're correct. It was spam from a spammy IP range. I deleted it and your reply (since it included a link to the site and would have looked out of context with the spammer's post gone). I don't mod the forum, but spam is fair game all over.
Hehe, at least I know it wasn't the beers I had

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules