Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Lexmark z22 and 10.1 5G64

Lexmark z22 and 10.1 5G64
Mac-arthur
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2001, 08:24 PM

Has anyone had any success using the z22 or any other Lexmark printer in 10.1?

The printer works fine in 9.2.1 and I can print in classic on 10.1 but any native OSX program ends up with the print error while opening the connection to the printer.

The printer worked fine under 10.04 so I guess were looking at waiting for OSX 10.1 drivers from Lexmark.

Just wondering if I'm the only one with the problem...so post if you've had more success.

Thanks

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2001, 07:27 PM

My Z53 stopped working under 10.1 too......hopefully Lexmark posts new drivers really soon!
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Mac-arthur  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2001, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
<STRONG>My Z53 stopped working under 10.1 too......hopefully Lexmark posts new drivers really soon!</STRONG>
Thanks for posting Mr. Blur! I was starting to think I was the only one with the problem. I emailed Lexmark on Saturday. If they reply I'll post the info here.

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2001, 06:56 PM

Update: My Z53 *does* work under 10.1 - the trick is to make sure Classic is not running....(thanks Macfixit!)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

smileyq
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2001, 12:28 AM

I had success putting this printer on a G4 cube. I downloaded the OS X drivers from their website and it works ..( most of the time) I have noticed that it is very quirky at times and decides to send unable to communicate with the printer errors but after powering off the printer and turning it back on it usually comes back up to working again. Best of luck.

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2001, 05:33 AM

Z43 works great with drivers downloaded from Lexmark. Minor confusion at one point after swapping ink cartridges and not re-aligning the print heads

Forum Links
Forum Rules