Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shapeshifter theme Questions

Shapeshifter theme Questions
j3tang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2006, 12:21 PM

So i'm a newb to these themes .. actually .. a new mac user for that matter

I've done a lot of reading and i read through quite a bit of that 240+ page thread of gui customization screenshots.

I've tried out some of the transparent shapeshifter themes (Ruler Aero, Glass with Class, etc)

The menubar at the top is supposed to be transparent, and it is, but for some reason, the edges along the top and bottom of the bar are very defined white edges, and they're not displayed that way in other people's screenshots, is there something that i'm missing?

Also, another thing is the icons over on the right, where spotlight/clock/bluetooth/airport are, the area underneath them on the menubar are different shades/color of the menubar. That doesn't look right either.

I'll be able to post some pics, once i get home, of what i'm referring to if i've made myself too confusing.
( Last edited by j3tang; Jan 24, 2006 at 01:38 PM. )

Angelo78
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2006, 12:55 PM

Make sure you log out and then log back in to make sure all things get changed properly. And if that doesn't work, sometimes a restart is needed. That should fix everything. If not, I'm sure someone here, with more knowledge about this sort of thing, will help you.

Angelo

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2006, 12:58 PM

welcome to the scene - I think the suggestion to logout should do the trick.

j3tang  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2006, 01:28 PM

yup, i've logged out ...

and it's been restarted several times too since i first played with this several days ago.

there aren't any options anywhere in shapeshifter that allow me to make tiny changes is there? such as adjust the transparency or color or anything like that i've missed ??

thanks for the quick reply guys!

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2006, 03:35 PM

I think perhaps you could check in with Makki or IceSpectre directly to get your answer.

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 25, 2006, 03:32 PM

also make sure you have Aqua selected in prefs instead of graphite,,hope that helps
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules