Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz

FS: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz
NeXTLoop
Senior User
Oct 10, 2008, 12:41 PM

I have a 15" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro that I've had for just over a year. Machine runs great with no problems. It's easily been one of the best machines I've ever had (out of nearly a dozen Macs). The only reason I'm selling it is to get a smaller MacBook. I just got back from a friend's wedding in Costa Rica, and I found that traveling with the 15" was a little more than I wanted.

About a month ago Apple gave me a brand new battery for it as well. My original one was evidently not up to specs, as it wasn't holding a charge as well as it should. So they replaced it free of charge.

This machine has also been upgraded above standard specs. It has 4GB of RAM and a 320GB Western Digital 5400RPM HD.

The only cosmetic issue with the machine is a very small, very faint, bright spot in the lower right part of the screen. Most times its not even visible. Other than that, the machine looks brand new. No scratches, no dents, etc.

Here's the complete specs:

2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
320GB HD @ 5400RPM
256MB GPU
15" Screen

I'd like to get $1300 OBO.
( Last edited by NeXTLoop; Oct 10, 2008 at 01:42 PM. )
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2008, 04:34 PM

Funny, someone else is selling an older MBP for this much but without all the nice upgrades.

NeXTLoop  (op)
Senior User
Oct 10, 2008, 04:40 PM

I saw that. To come up with my price, I looked at eBay to see what they're selling for, and lowered it a bit to allow for the convenience factor of not having pay eBay fees.

I've sold several machines through the MacNN Marketplace as NeXTLoop or Hobbes, and usually use the above formula for pricing.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs

Etnier
Forum Regular
Oct 11, 2008, 10:05 AM

No Applecare, right? Just checking.
Matte or glossy please?
PM sent
( Last edited by Etnier; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:18 AM. )

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 11, 2008, 10:12 AM

Glossy or matte?

thelowproguy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2008, 12:47 PM

Would you trade it for an iMac?

Rarely used, comes with Adobe Design Premier, iWork 08', and it has VMware Fusion all loaded with reinstallers.

NYK Ace
Senior User
Oct 11, 2008, 01:13 PM

great price

wish i had the cash

NeXTLoop  (op)
Senior User
Oct 11, 2008, 07:27 PM

Sorry for the delay guys, I've been at a conference all day today.

The display is matte.

Not really interested in any trades. Thanks for asking though.

tripletaker
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 14, 2008, 09:12 AM

Do you have any pictures and do you have any scratches or cosmetic problems with it?

NeXTLoop  (op)
Senior User
Oct 14, 2008, 01:30 PM

I'll post some pictures later today.

Grryshecjk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2008, 03:28 AM

Can you get pics? I would be willing to go around $1150-1200 if you're interested?

NeXTLoop  (op)
Senior User
Oct 17, 2008, 12:04 AM

First off, thanks to everyone for your interest in the machine. At this time though, the machine is no longer for sale.

A couple of days ago, my wife accidently spilled half a bottle of soda on the keyboard. Fortunately, the keyboard trapped all but a few drops of the soda. I immediately took the machine apart, cleaned the couple of drops that made it past the keyboard (fortunately, none hit the motherboard), and ordered a new keyboard from PowerBookMedic. Today I installed it, and it works like a charm!

All that being said, I'm taking the machine off the market for two reasons:

1. In order to sell it, it would require someone to take my word that the machine is in perfect condition. If I was in the shoes of a buyer, that's probably something I wouldn't be comfortable with.

2. Even if someone was willing to buy it, having to spend just under $100 for a new keyboard cuts into what was already a very low price point for this machine. So from a cost perspective, its looking more and more likes its not worth selling.

And let's face it... any machine that survives, virtually unscathed, something that should have destroyed it... well, that's a keeper in my book.

Forum Links
Forum Rules