Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators!

The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators! (Page 10)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
I've already "rebutted" it ..,
And the fact that you actually believe that is proof positive that you are an incorrigible fool.

I'm trying to catch up on this Queen Sugar show right now ... which means I have no interest in jousting with you about this particular topic any further. Besides I've already proven my point ... pictures and all ... and at this stage in the game anything you would say is going to be on the intellectual equivalent of "Well no it's not!" despite all the evidence and basic common sense to the contrary staring you in the face. As your comment above makes abundantly clear. So scram!!!

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Sep 18, 2016 at 02:42 PM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
You know I think you may be onto something right there.

OAW
Now apologize.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2016, 02:36 PM

Let's move up to current year, why you're obsessed with what happened long ago, and not what's going on today, isn't typical for a "progressive", is it? Want to truly be progressive? Find out why young men aren't getting into college now.
"I find your historical facts inconvenient so lets change the subject."
Why are young men not getting into college? Maybe the women are smarter, more mature, harder working etc etc. I'm sure you find that unfathomable though.

"Omg, there's something in the Bible I can take out of context to prove a point." It's a good thing that society has changed and we don't live in that culture anymore. The marital traits of ancient peoples is an interesting topic, but not so relevant today, where the women work alongside the men, together.
Its always out of context isn't it. I don't know how "You are always inferior, do as you're told." can possibly be out of context, especially talking to someone who has such a pet hate for feminism and indicated sympathy for MRAs.
I don't know how I can spell it out any more clearly. You live in a country where half of you literally believe in angels. Many deny evolution and believe the world to be under ten thousand years old. Most of these delusions being mandated by the bible. You are seriously going to tell me that no man in America is going to dictate how his wife (wives) and unwed daughters vote? Pull the other one.

The Amish?
Just curious. I'd expect Amish men to tell their wives how to vote.

they love their slaves, brutalized women, and gay-killing in the Middle East too, and that's what's so heinous about a supposed charity accepting $$ from the fruits of that cruelty and subjugation.
I'm not sure how much money you can really make killing gays or beating your wife though. Like I said I bet most of it is American money for oil. So not the fruits of subjugation at all. They just do that because their rulebook says they can/should.

Again, you don't know what "bragging" is, your delusion has really gotten out of hand. You get to call me things that aren't true, and then bash me for defending myself? That's rather scummy, isn't it? Go on and "brag" about your "superior culture" though, we love to hear that. What's truly unforgivable is you adhesion to identity politics, it's made you less of a person than you were before and only helps prop up the bigotry of low expectations.
Doing charity work doesn't give you any right to dismiss oppression. Its not even relevant, hence its a brag. Or perhaps you think it makes you superior so that you can just make assertions and the rest of us humble peons aren't allowed to question you? That sounds kind of boastful too doesn't it? Stupid and boastful.
The only way you can defend yourself in this instance is to offer evidence that racism and sexism no longer exist in America. Good luck with that.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2016, 12:41 AM

And the fact that you actually believe that is proof positive that you are an incorrigible fool.
When the village idiot calls you a fool, you can only laugh.

WAH!!! We're oppressed! Systemic Racism! (He shouts at his expensive computer, on his weekend off, while sitting in his comfortable home)
Yes, yes, very compelling.

Apologize.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
"I find your historical facts inconvenient so lets change the subject."
Why are young men not getting into college? Maybe the women are smarter, more mature, harder working etc etc. I'm sure you find that unfathomable though.
Nope. Quotas. Be "Progressive", instead of being stuck in the last millenia's problems. Or, go to the Middle East and champion the rights of women, gays, and slaves, they need it over there.

Its always out of context isn't it. I don't know how "You are always inferior, do as you're told." can possibly be out of context, especially talking to someone who has such a pet hate for feminism and indicated sympathy for MRAs.
I don't know how I can spell it out any more clearly. You live in a country where half of you literally believe in angels. Many deny evolution and believe the world to be under ten thousand years old. Most of these delusions being mandated by the bible. You are seriously going to tell me that no man in America is going to dictate how his wife (wives) and unwed daughters vote? Pull the other one.
Aside from a few evangelicals and mormons, and the aforementioned Muslims (that are a protected class now), people aren't doing that shit in the West, so see above and fight for those people. A one-way ticket to Yemen or Qatar is ~$800. Good luck.

Just curious. I'd expect Amish men to tell their wives how to vote.
The vast majority of them don't vote at all, actually. That took all of 2 seconds to search on the Googles. C'mon, you're barely trying.

I'm not sure how much money you can really make killing gays or beating your wife though. Like I said I bet most of it is American money for oil. So not the fruits of subjugation at all. They just do that because their rulebook says they can/should.
Again, small number of evangelicals and mormons, Islam... not in the West, where women and men work together. blah, blah, blah... *yawn*

Doing charity work doesn't give you any right to dismiss oppression.
Absolutely not, I fully admit it exists, in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, any of the Arabic countries. But go forth SJ Warrior, it's a shame you're likely too old to creep around college campuses and get into the regressive rallies, where the kids of the wealthiest 1% in the world feel they're being oppressed. They really work themselves up, it's like visiting those old-fashioned holiness churches where they spoke in tongues.

Its not even relevant, hence its a brag. Or perhaps you think it makes you superior so that you can just make assertions and the rest of us humble peons aren't allowed to question you? That sounds kind of boastful too doesn't it? Stupid and boastful.
The only way you can defend yourself in this instance is to offer evidence that racism and sexism no longer exist in America. Good luck with that.
Boohoo, now you're oppressed too! See how easy that was? Now you can join the Oppression Olympics and get a medal.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2016, 04:56 AM

Aside from a few evangelicals and mormons, and the aforementioned Muslims (that are a protected class now), people aren't doing that shit in the West, so see above and fight for those people.
So now there are some? A minute ago it was none. Something tells me there are a few other hardcore Christians who might do this too. JWs perhaps, and other extremists. The amount of pressure put on any given wife may vary, but you don't get say what pressure they do or don't feel, and they aren't likely to say if they follow the teachings in the Bible too.

Again, small number of evangelicals and mormons, Islam... not in the West, where women and men work together. blah, blah, blah... *yawn*
We were talking about Qatar here, not forced spousal voting.

Absolutely not, I fully admit it exists, in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, any of the Arabic countries. But go forth SJ Warrior, it's a shame you're likely too old to creep around college campuses and get into the regressive rallies, where the kids of the wealthiest 1% in the world feel they're being oppressed. They really work themselves up, it's like visiting those old-fashioned holiness churches where they spoke in tongues.
So now because there are some rich brats moaning, sexism and racism don't have room to exist anymore? Your grip on cause and effect is puny.

Boohoo, now you're oppressed too! See how easy that was? Now you can join the Oppression Olympics and get a medal.
Now your internet boasting is oppressing me in your opinion?
Next you'll be warning me I'm headed to hell for me sins and I'll be every bit as worried as I am oppressed.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 19, 2016, 09:56 AM

Pence said his role model is Cheney and that's legitimately one of the most terrifying things I've heard this election.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2016, 03:05 PM

So now there are some? A minute ago it was none. Something tells me there are a few other hardcore Christians who might do this too. JWs perhaps, and other extremists. The amount of pressure put on any given wife may vary, but you don't get say what pressure they do or don't feel, and they aren't likely to say if they follow the teachings in the Bible too.
I never said there weren't, but it's an issue that is fixing itself as evangelicals and the strictest Mormon sects shrink into oblivion. Why you're so obsessed with such a tiny, vanishing portion of the population is a mystery.

We were talking about Qatar here, not forced spousal voting.
It's the same subject, only in the West those oppressive patriarchal systems are dead or dying, being replaced with a gynocentric focus. That's definitely not the case in Qatar, or pretty much the entire Middle East (sans Israel). Hillary taking their money, to prop up her own interests, is at best a passive endorsement of the horrible shit they do, and you not seeing that is myopic or even complicit.

So now because there are some rich brats moaning, sexism and racism don't have room to exist anymore? Your grip on cause and effect is puny.
Your grip on the changes within your own ideology is worse.

Now your internet boasting is oppressing me in your opinion?
Only when you cry about it. But then you have the gall to whip out your (oftentimes misplaced) nationalistic pride in other threads, making you look like a hypocrite.

Next you'll be warning me I'm headed to hell for me sins and I'll be every bit as worried as I am oppressed.
Given your oversensitive nature and your attitudes, some would say you're already living in a Hell of your own making.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 20, 2016, 12:32 AM

In news that will change no ones mind, apparently H.W. is voting for Hillary.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 20, 2016, 01:14 AM

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2016, 05:40 AM

Given your oversensitive nature and your attitudes, some would say you're already living in a Hell of your own making.
Given your apparent obsession with everybody else's alleged oversensitivity, I could say the same of you.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2016, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
In news that will change no ones mind, apparently H.W. is voting for Hillary.
Read his lips.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2016, 12:17 PM

45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2016, 03:56 PM

Trump continues to be perennially full of sh*t ...

Republican nominee Donald Trump called first presidential debate moderator, NBC News anchor Lester Holt, “a Democrat” Monday, despite public records that indicate otherwise.

New York State voter registration documents show that Holt has been a registered Republican in the state since 2003.

Trump’s comments to Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly, which were offered without any evidence to support the claim, are part of a time-honored tradition of alleging moderator bias and expectations-setting before a presidential debate.

“By the way, Lester is a Democrat. It’s a phony system. They are all Democrats. It’s a very unfair system,” Trump said of the debate moderators.

The NBC newsman, regarded by both parties as a straight shooter, is set to moderate the first debate on Sept. 26.
Presidential Debates: Donald Trump Is Wrong on Lester Holt

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 20, 2016, 04:29 PM

I also learned Chris Wallace is registered a Democrat.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2016, 05:30 PM

Geraldo Rivera is registered Republican
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 10:48 AM

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 11:10 AM

When all else fails...

For those with short memories or weren't born yet.

Jesse Jackson thinks Donald Trump is a champion of minority empowerment.

Or at least he used to before the turn of the millennium.

In both 1998 and 1999, Trump was an honored guest at the annual Wall Street Conference hosted by the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, Jackson’ DC-based “multi-racial, multi-issue, progressive, international membership organization fighting for social change.”

“We need your building skills, your gusto,” Jackson told the Donlestate mogul before stating Trump is a model for “people on Wall Street to represent diversity.”

You can watch Trump’s 1998 speech over at C-SPAN’s website.

Jackson introduced his Trump — whom he called a “friend” — at the same conference in 1999, where this time he was invited to speak on the “challenges and opportunities to embrace under-served communities.”

“He is deceptive in that his social style is of such, one can miss his seriousness and commitment to success, which is beyond argument,” Jackson said Trump.

“When we opened this Wall Street project,” he continued. “He gave us space at 40 Wall Street, which was to make a statement about our having a presence there.”

“Beyond that, in terms of reaching out and being inclusive, he’s done that too,” Jackson added. “He has this sense of the curious and a will to make things better.”

“Aside from all of his style, and his pizazz, he’s a serious person who is an effective builder of people.”

Read more: 1999: Jesse Jackson Praises Trump's Commitment To Minorities | The Daily Caller
( Last edited by Chongo; Sep 21, 2016 at 11:21 AM. )
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 21, 2016, 11:38 AM

From NC

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 01:32 PM

No need to call her "Lizard Eyes."

The Way Trump Wins | LifeZette

Eight issues and Clinton scandals the GOP nominee should drive home in the first presidential debate.

1.) Clinton has already failed to make America secure

The debate will be held at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, less than 30 miles from the latest in what has become a ceaseless stream of terrorist attacks under President Obama. Clinton steered Obama’s foreign policy for four years. Why would the nation give responsibility for America’s security to the very person who helped make it insecure? There is no end in sight to the escalating incidents of Islamic terrorism striking the United States, and Clinton is not the person to stop it.

2) Refugees
To many normal Americans, Trump’s logic of curtailing the entry of people from Middle East and African nations spawning terrorists is undeniable. And yet Clinton wants to go even beyond Obama in ushering potentially dangerous new populations into the country.

“I think the United States has to do more, and I would like to see us move from what is a good start with 10,000 to 65,000 and begin immediately to put into place the mechanisms for vetting the people that we would take in,” Clinton said. Who is going to vet them, Trump should ask — the same people at Homeland Security who just accidentally gave citizenship to 858 people from countries that pose national security threats?

Trump can argue we are a compassionate people, but nobody remembers the Founding Fathers bringing the Barbary Pirates into the country. We should help relocate refugees in the Middle East.

3.) Immigration, immigration, immigration

Let’s say that three times, since it applies to each debate topic. The open border that Clinton would leave unprotected is an entry point for terrorists. A flood of immigrants who do not necessarily share our values — and many whose first act here is to break the law by entering illegally — is also a national security threat.

Unchecked mass immigration is threatening prosperity by providing cheap labor coveted by the Chamber of Commerce and taking jobs from struggling Americans.

And part of the reason Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction is that the culture is being yanked out from underneath them by liberals like Clinton. America is not historically a nation of immigrants — it is a nation of assimilated immigrants, and endless immigration doesn’t allow for assimilation.

4.) Trade
Hillary Clinton has supported NAFTA and just about every free trade deal that came before it. She is only a recent convert to opposing the Trans-Pacific Partnership and clearly flip-flopped only to curry support from Bernie Sanders supporters. Trump should note that these deals have harmed the prosperity of millions of Americans who were put out of work by cheap labor from overseas. And they threaten our security by putting the United States at the mercy of global governance institutions.
5.) Guns

Is there anything more basic to one’s personal security than a firearm? Trump should say, “Yes, happiness is a warm gun. Bang bang. Shoot shoot.” Clinton is threatening the security of Americans faced with escalating violent crime and the potential for terrorist attacks by vowing to limit their gun rights. Every American these days needs a concealed carry permit so they can take their children to the shopping mall. Trump should note that if an off-duty police officer hadn’t been carrying, he couldn’t have put an end to the terrorist who was stabbing people in a St. Cloud, Minnesota, shopping mall Saturday night.

An Aug. 26 poll conducted by Pew Research found a majority of Americans think it is more important to protect gun rights than to implement new restrictions on gun ownership — Trump is on solid ground to take the issue on offense.

6.) Emails
One of the underemphasized points about Hillary Clinton’s failure to use a secure email system as secretary of state is that it shows she does not put the nation’s security above her own selfish needs. Hiding her communications outweighed, for her, the risk that they would fall into enemy hands. If sources, methods, or operations were exposed, she could have gotten American operatives or our foreign spies killed.
That kind of attitude can be hammered as disqualifying.

7.) Benghazi
Americans were left to die at an outpost that was under Clinton's stewardship as secretary of state, even though Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens had repeatedly requested beefed up security. The excuse that she didn't see his pleas is no excuse at all: She should have had a system in place where such an urgent matter would get her attention. The woman who wants to be in charge of the nation's security couldn't even supply it for her own employees at the State Department, and then couldn't arrange to save those who died more than seven hours after the attack began.

8.) Economic growth
Many Americans may not be aware that the economy is currently nearly in a recession, growing at just 1 percent, and that at around 1.5 percent over seven years, Obama has the worst economic growth record of any post-war American president. Clinton plans to double down on his policies.

Trump has a golden opportunity to have a debate victory delivered to him on a silver platter. He just needs to stick to the issues that have been so winning for him so far.
Sean Hannity is predicting the Hillary will not even try to defend her dismal record as SOS. She will spend both debates (if they even happen ) engaging in ad hominem attacks in an atttempt to get Trump pissed off.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 01:37 PM

Given your apparent obsession with everybody else's alleged oversensitivity, I could say the same of you.
You'd be wrong, but you can say it. *shrug*

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 01:41 PM

Pretty sure the Grand Dragon of the KKK is still fronting for Hillary. Those such "endorsements" mean exactly bupkis.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 21, 2016, 03:52 PM

Who's up for nationwide stop and frisk?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 05:58 PM

This will have even more impact with the news that Ford is moving all small car production to Mexico.
45/47

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 21, 2016, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
This will have even more impact with the news that Ford is moving all small car production to Mexico.
That meme was created after the move was announced.
Was a few days ago:

Trump in Flint: It Used To Be That We Built Cars In Michigan And Didn't Drink Water In Mexico, Now It's The Opposite | Video | RealClearPolitics

Ford moving all production of small cars from U.S. to Mexico

-t

andi*pandi
Sep 22, 2016, 09:42 AM

what say you to the Ford statement that there'd be no loss of US jobs, as workers would be switched to more popular trucks and SUVs?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2016, 10:12 AM

I also learned Chris Wallace is registered a Democrat.
I am too, for the same reason as him, and it kinda frosts my ass I need to be to participate in local politics.

I mean, you guys tell me... am I a Democrat? I kinda don't think so.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2016, 12:35 PM

And why would Trump be worried about it unless he was planning on lying through his teeth as he generally does?

Trump tells Lester Holt: Don’t fact-check debates | TheHill

OAWW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 22, 2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I am too, for the same reason as him, and it kinda frosts my ass I need to be to participate in local politics.

I mean, you guys tell me... am I a Democrat? I kinda don't think so.
He's stated why he's dem?

I assume you're referring to primaries.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2016, 04:06 PM

As the BLM riots and attacks continue, Trump will only become more popular.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 22, 2016, 04:23 PM

I think that goes in the punditry thread

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2016, 04:51 PM

Only amongst those who think it's cool for "jump out boys" (AKA plainclothes cops who roll up on people to quickly serve warrants, make arrests, etc.) to shoot and kill a man who was parked in his car reading a book while waiting on his son to arrive on the school bus. A tragedy made even worse because they rolled up on the wrong guy. I agree wholeheartedly. Trump will be even more popular with such individuals. But the thing is ... they were already Trump supporters anyway.

OAW

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2016, 07:40 PM

Only amongst those who think it's cool for "jump out boys" (AKA plainclothes cops who roll up on people to quickly serve warrants, make arrests, etc.) to shoot and kill a man who was parked in his car reading a book while waiting on his son to arrive on the school bus. A tragedy made even worse because they rolled up on the wrong guy. I agree wholeheartedly. Trump will be even more popular with such individuals. But the thing is ... they were already Trump supporters anyway.
Of course, it's a tragedy that our police is out of control.

But you can't blame Republicans or Trump alone.
Democrats sit by idle, watching, and doing nothing

Heck, you had Obama in office for 8 years, what has he done to make things better ?
Exactly, nada, zilch. He only offered some inflammatory rhetoric.

On top of that, the biggest supporters and protectors of a**hole cops are police unions.
And guess who these guys vote for: DEMOCRATS

-t

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2016, 08:00 PM

He's stated why he's dem?

I assume you're referring to primaries.
Yes, primaries.

I admit, I didn't hear the statement directly from his mouth. I heard someone else mention it when he was first announced as a moderator.

In Chicago, the local politicians are determined in the primary. In the general, they run unopposed, or against a token candidate. I was given the impression NYC is similar, and for this reason, he's registered as a Democrat.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2016, 08:12 PM

@Turtle

We have both been around here long enough for you to know without a doubt that I don't think this is a Democrat or Republican issue. It's way deeper than that. My only point is that Trump's popularity would only increase over the riots going on in Charlotte among people who already supported him to begin with. IOW a non-Trump supporter isn't going to suddenly switch camps over the situation. But an existing Trump supporter might very well be more firmly in his camp because of it.

And as for police unions ... in actuality they are the exception to the rule when it comes to public sector unions supporting Dems. Just saying ...

The GOP and Police Unions: A Love Story - The Daily Beast

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2016, 09:08 PM

A Hillary supporter won't switch to Trump, but an independent might.
( Last edited by Waragainstsleep; Sep 22, 2016 at 10:30 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 22, 2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
On top of that, the biggest supporters and protectors of a**hole cops are police unions.
And guess who these guys vote for: DEMOCRATS
Nation's Biggest Police Union Endorses Trump | US News
The National Fraternal Order of Police, the country's largest law enforcement union, on Friday announced it would endorse Republican Donald Trump for president..

The order endorsed Republican candidates George W. Bush and John McCain in 2000, 2004 and 2008, and Democratic President Bill Clinton in 1996. It declined to endorse Barack Obama or Mitt Romney in 2012, declaring neither candidate had made police or criminal justice a priority.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2016, 05:34 AM

Geez, you have a pet name for everyone, don't you? They've yet to find his "book", but they did find a loaded 9mm with his fingerprints on it, despite him being a convicted felon and unable to legally own a gun. Pretty sure I was talking about the riots (that claim more innocent lives than the instances that spark them), complete with wholesale destruction, looting, and arson, but just keep ignoring those.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2016, 11:34 AM

Geez, you have a pet name for everyone, don't you?
I don't have a "pet name" for them. That's what the people in the neighborhood call them. If you have an issue with it then I suggest you take it up with them.

They've yet to find his "book",
They being who? The police? Well they have no reason to lie huh? We've never seen the police lie about the circumstances of a questionable police shooting huh? As for the book Mr. Scott was known by everyone in the neighborhood. It's all over the news that this was a daily routine for him to read in his car while waiting for his son to arrive on the school bus. How convenient would it be for him to not have his book on the day he was killed by the police who were after someone else?

but they did find a loaded 9mm with his fingerprints on it,
Source? Or are you once again simply talking sh*t.

despite him being a convicted felon and unable to legally own a gun.
Yeah. As usual you are just talking sh*t ....

Court records indicate that the man shot to death by Charlotte police had a criminal record including an assault conviction.

Mecklenburg County records matching Keith Lamont Scott's name and birth date show Scott was charged in April 2004 with multiple counts, including felony assault with a deadly weapon. Records show that most of the charges were dismissed, and he pleaded guilty to a single charge of MISDEMEANOR assault with a deadly weapon.

Records from nearby Gaston County show that Scott pleaded guilty to driving while impaired in 2015.

A woman who identified herself as an advocate for Scott's family, Annette Albright, said at a news conference that he shouldn't be "re-victimized" because of things he did in the past.

She told reporters: "What he was doing at the time of the shooting is what's relevant."
The Latest: Protesters trying to stop cars on interstate - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

So he was NOT a "convicted felon". And even if he was .... the cops had no way of knowing that one way or the other at the time.

Pretty sure I was talking about the riots (that claim more innocent lives than the instances that spark them), complete with wholesale destruction, looting, and arson, but just keep ignoring those.
Now you are just being delusional. Carry on ...

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Sep 23, 2016 at 11:47 AM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2016, 11:41 AM

And as for police unions ... in actuality they are the exception to the rule when it comes to public sector unions supporting Dems. Just saying ...

OAW
Didn't know that, but doesn't make a difference. F&ck the unions. No matter who they support in politics.

This is an excellent example that shows how they only serve their own interest.

-t

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2016, 11:46 AM

Didn't know that, but doesn't make a difference. F&ck the unions. No matter who they support in politics.

-t
As I've expressed before on many occasions around here that I'm "ambivalent" towards unions ... at best. I might arrive at the same conclusion highlighted above for different reasons. But it's generally the same conclusion nonetheless.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2016, 11:54 AM

-t
Hillary remotely addressing union in Vegas wonders why she isn't 50 points ahead. Why is she yelling? Is she going deaf too. (going deafgate)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-by-50-points/

In other news, No cough breaks or step stool for 5' 4" Hillary.
DEBATE RULES: NO COUGHING BREAKS
45/47

andi*pandi
Sep 23, 2016, 11:59 AM

This is the trump thread, in case anyone was wondering.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 23, 2016, 12:06 PM

Didn't know that, but doesn't make a difference.
lololol

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2016, 01:16 PM

-t
Is it easier to remove the corruption out of unions or our political parties?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Is it easier to remove the corruption out of unions or our political parties?
In other words: they are joined at the hip.

Remind me again: Why the hell do PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYEES need unions ?

You work for the government, and you accept what comes with it.
If you don't like it, go work in the private sector.

I'm sort-of ok with unions in private companies, as long as the government stays out of the way.

-t

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2016, 10:08 PM

OMGerd, the police are lying!11!
Yeeeah, it's a big conspiracy. Always is with you when this topic is raised.

The Latest: Protesters trying to stop cars on interstate - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

So he was NOT a "convicted felon". And even if he was .... the cops had no way of knowing that one way or the other at the time.
From your link: "Scott has a criminal record in three states, including Texas, South Carolina and North Carolina. Texas records show that he was convicted of evading arrest with a vehicle in 2005, and several months later of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon."

Yeah, pistol-whipping, what a sweetheart. Those are felonies, professor.

Now you are just being delusional. Carry on ...
You'd know.

andi*pandi
Sep 28, 2016, 12:50 PM

Why is no one raising more of a ruckus over Trump's sniffle? Obviously, rather than rationally assume it's a cold or fall allergies, we must immediately jump to the worst conclusion, which is a) he has nose cancer; b) he's got small fuzzy critters living in his sinuses; or c) he snorts coke. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? Should we break out the red circles and the zoom feature in Microsoft paint? Some arrows would be good too, aw yiss.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2016, 01:17 PM

As soon as he passes out in public and needs to be dragged to an awaiting van.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2016, 01:36 PM

If only Hillary had done a few rails before 9/11.

Sure, it could have made her pop the clutch on the ticker, but that's show business.

Forum Links
Forum Rules