Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Jericho premieres Wed. Sept. 20, 8pm

Jericho premieres Wed. Sept. 20, 8pm
starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2006, 11:34 AM

Just saying

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2006, 11:37 AM

I've almost started this thread 3 separate times.

I love how I have no clue what its about, but all I know is even if I cared I'd not watch it out of spite.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Sep 18, 2006, 11:38 AM

Ah which? Is that the one with luke perry and Theo from the Cosby show?

"Hello, what have we here?

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 11:42 AM

From the ad on this page it looks like Skeet Ulrich and a mushroom cloud star in it.

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 11:54 AM

Looks like it might be interesting. I haven't seen a program like this promoted since the Soviet Union collapsed. I wonder what the pretense was for a nuclear war without the cold war?

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Looks like it might be interesting. I haven't seen a program like this promoted since the Soviet Union collapsed. I wonder what the pretense was for a nuclear war without the cold war?
Wii vs. 360 vs. PS3

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2006, 12:17 PM

catsup v. ketchup
pepsi v. coke
mac v. pc v. linux
Stanford v. Harvard
Ryu v. Ken
Larry Elison v. Bill Gates (or Steve Ballmer)

Don't bully me, I got an Uzi... HOO-HAH!

Person Man
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2006, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb
In this day and age?

Probably terrorism.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2006, 01:08 PM

Makes me think of Skeet's last show.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Person Man
In this day and age?

Probably terrorism.
nah, because I think it indicated in the preview that more than one city was hit and that Jericho couldn't pick up any outside transmissions. I think the terrorists would only be able to nuke one of our cities and I doubt Denver or Topeka would be their first choice (no offense to people who live in those cities)

Monique
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 01:49 PM

What do you mean you have no clue. It is about a town after a nuclear bomb exploded near it. It is going to be interesting. I am recording 5 hours just for that night. I have a concert that night, so I am recording the entire night of programming.

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 04:13 PM

Anyone else still watching? I'm kinda hooked on this though they sure are good at stringing us along. Once the mystery of who attacked and why is solved I wonder where the program will go. Maybe Skeet will build a vehicle like the one in "Damnation Alley" and encounter flesh eating cockroaches.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 04:21 PM

I actually think I saw it advertised last night. Made me think of the banner ad, cause I still had no clue what it was about.

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 04:41 PM

In a nutshell, an outcast son (Skeet) returns home to his remote hometown of Jericho. He tells everyone who asks a different story as to why he was gone. At any rate, while he's home asking his parents for money BOOM! Nuclear war.

The town is so remote that it is completely undamaged although there are intermittent power outages and food shortages. They don't have contact with anyone outside the town who knows what's going on and there are not broadcasts so far other than an emergency pattern on the TV and a shot of an empty podium. There is another mysterious character who had just moved to town before the blast and clearly is involved in some way with what happened.

The only disappointment is that there have been no muted flesh eating animals so far.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2006, 04:43 PM

Honestly, I don't care. I just find it amusing that they plastered it here for a week but didn't actually offer any useful info (and that the commercial I saw last night was equally uninformative -- something bad happens to the town).

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2007, 07:27 AM

With the Lost and 24 threads numbering so many pages I am surprised this one isn't at least two or three. Any show with Major Dad is kicks ass.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 10, 2007, 08:26 AM

I lived up to my pledge to not watch the show.

Also, someone burn this Zombie thread.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2007, 10:09 AM

I actually really like the show -- it's one of the few on TV that actually has a decent progression of events.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

bstone
Mac Elite
May 10, 2007, 02:03 PM

I love this show. I am hooked.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Mithras
Professional Poster
May 10, 2007, 02:13 PM

If you just accept that it's a show about a tiny little town, it's okay. But in a world where the US has fragmented into six pieces and nuclear annhilation has overwhelmed the continent, it'd be nice to get slightly broader story arcs than a farmer and his IRS girlfriend.

Railroader
Banned
May 10, 2007, 02:48 PM

I'm hooked. Some of the characters are a bit stereo-typical, the tax auditor, but others have quite a bit of depth to them, such as Hawkins.

Though I do think they all looks pretty good for not having a good hot bath in a few months.

SSharon
Professional Poster
May 10, 2007, 06:20 PM

I don't get any TV in my apartment and this is one of the very few shows I make an effort to download and watch.

I wasn't expecting to like it though since I don't like Lost or 24 or shows like that.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Mithras
Professional Poster
May 10, 2007, 07:38 PM

I also like that it's on Innertube, which I find the most usable of the streaming-for-free sites.

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
If you just accept that it's a show about a tiny little town, it's okay. But in a world where the US has fragmented into six pieces and nuclear annhilation has overwhelmed the continent, it'd be nice to get slightly broader story arcs than a farmer and his IRS girlfriend.
Right. I think they will get to a broader picture next season now that they introduced the new government. Maybe not to the degree you'd like them to but they will at least be a part of the storyline.

CaseCom
Professional Poster
May 16, 2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Langdon View Post
I think they will get to a broader picture next season
Canceled.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...516&ID=6894650

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 16, 2007, 11:14 AM

I guess I don't have to worry about being bombarded by a banner promoting their season premier in 6 months.

Edit: Whoa, I just realized that I posted with all 3 of my accounts in this thread.

Edit2: Two posts with each account too.

bstone
Mac Elite
May 16, 2007, 01:53 PM

I am hearing that there won't be a season 2. This is sad as the show just got really good. Anyone know about this?

bstone
Mac Elite
May 16, 2007, 01:56 PM

CBS INFO? - FEEDBACK FORM

Go there and tell them to renew Jericho!

Railroader
Banned
May 16, 2007, 03:45 PM

That sucks. It was a pretty good show, but I guess enough people didn't hear about it. Everyone I mentioned it to had no clue about it.

Cold Warrior
May 16, 2007, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
That sucks. It was a pretty good show, but I guess enough people didn't hear about it. Everyone I mentioned it to had no clue about it.
From what I've read, the mid-season breaks are really hurting the serialized shows' ratings, e.g., Lost, 24, et al. Hopefully they'll see the light and keep them back-to-back.

Railroader
Banned
May 16, 2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
From what I've read, the mid-season breaks are really hurting the serialized shows' ratings, e.g., Lost, 24, et al. Hopefully they'll see the light and keep them back-to-back.
You are 100% right about that. I can't tell you how many friends I have say recently: "can't wait till Heroes starts back up". I look at them and say it's currently on and they give me that someone-kicked-their-puppy-look™.

tutelary
Forum Regular
May 17, 2007, 02:05 AM

It REALLY pisses me off that this show was canned. It was good, intelligent tv with actual storylines and characterizations...I suppose it couldn't be expected to live any longer.

SSharon
Professional Poster
May 17, 2007, 10:47 AM

Well this sucks. I am going back to my alternate plan which is not to watch a show until it has been canceled so that I can download them all and not have to worry about whether there will be any more.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2007, 12:40 PM

CBS caved. "Jericho" will come back as a midseason replacement series with at least seven new eps.

http://www.calendarlive.com/sns-ap-t...,5986502.story

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Oct 8, 2007, 07:44 PM

I watched my brother play this game and I have to say it looks really amazing. Especially the part in the demo where you fall down the manhole. I like the use of buttons and their actions.

Railroader
Banned
Oct 8, 2007, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by @pplejaxkz View Post
I watched my brother play this game and I have to say it looks really amazing. Especially the part in the demo where you fall down the manhole. I like the use of buttons and their actions.
Huh?!?! We are talking about a TV show. errr... we were... a long time ago.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Oct 8, 2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Huh?!?! We are talking about a TV show. errr... we were... a long time ago.
lol, misread sorry..

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2007, 09:51 PM

Wow.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2007, 09:58 PM

it was a great show. i hope that the 7 episodes thing is true. i really did enjoy it, have it on my ipod video even
Alex
( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Oct 8, 2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: stupid caps lock delay on new alum. keyboard)

Koralatov
Senior User
Oct 9, 2007, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
it was a great show. i hope that the 7 episodes thing is true. i really did enjoy it, have it on my ipod video even
I was actually kind of annoyed when they announced it was only seven episodes. I was hoping for at least twelve. That said, seven episodes of Jericho is better than twenty-two episodes of nearly everything else on TV.

And yeah, the seven episodes are actually happening. Hopefully, the rating witll be up to enough to secure a third season.

Forum Links
Forum Rules