Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Disk partitions + TM

Airport Disk partitions + TM
jszrules
Senior User
Mar 27, 2015, 05:52 PM

Does the latest Airport Extreme 802.11ac support multiple partitions for an Airport Disk? If so, can one of them be use for Time Machine backups? I know it supports TM backups, but wasn't sure if it limits the disk to just one partition, or if the disk is allowed to have other partitions for other uses. Thanks

P
Apr 1, 2015, 10:14 AM

Since nobody else has responded... A quick google seems to say that it does work, but you have to pull the HDD in order to do the partitioning.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

jszrules  (op)
Senior User
Apr 4, 2015, 12:45 AM

Thanks. I would imagine this will become a more popular question for people once they start using the new 12'' MacBook with only one port and they realize the only way to back up anymore is wirelessly (either through Time Capsule or AirPort Disk).
( Last edited by jszrules; Apr 5, 2015 at 01:49 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules