Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 14)
iDORK
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2005, 12:25 AM

I am thinking about the TimBuk2 grip sleeve since i dont normally carry that many accessories. Just by PowerBook 1.25GHz 15.4" and the ac adapter. Anyone used the timbuk2 grip sleeve?

found a review here, it looks pretty cool

http://www.laptoplogic.com/reviews/gear/48/1/1/
timbuk2 review

davidsi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 02:39 PM

Im looking at the crumpler messenger bags online, more specifically the busy man and the wackophone. I have a 12inch ibook and i need to be able to carry about another 3-4 text books that are an inch thick each. would the wackophone be big enough? or should i go with the busy man? Thanks

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 11, 2005, 03:59 AM

Originally posted by maphro:
I want one of these http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=97

BOOG VYPER 12"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" "
it gets pretty expensive if I have them ship to Canada~~
does anyone where I can get them in Canada?
my new 12" PB needs a friend~~~
Found this off the Booq website.. under International ordering

http://www.sohoservices.com/booq/

maphro
Mar 12, 2005, 03:51 AM

Originally posted by ericssonboi:
Found this off the Booq website.. under International ordering

http://www.sohoservices.com/booq/
I LOVE YOU~MEN!!! LET ME GIVE YOU A GIANT HUG, HUG~

actually, I just bought TUCANO-second skin/Apple Element today (the sales person said..if it does not fit my Power Book, I can return it...so....I am gonna return it.......it is too tight, and super hard to zip all the way to the end)

i am gonna get Boog, I AM GONNA GET BOOG, i am gonna buy boog~~

im_noahselby
Senior User
Mar 12, 2005, 04:29 AM

Originally posted by iDORK:
I am thinking about the TimBuk2 grip sleeve since i dont normally carry that many accessories. Just by PowerBook 1.25GHz 15.4" and the ac adapter. Anyone used the timbuk2 grip sleeve?
I have an "incase" sleeve and it is very similar to the Timbuk2 grip sleeve. Given the choice, I'd probbably go with the Timbuk2 sleeve, but I could not justify the cost. If you don't want to spend very much money, check out the incase sleeve. I've been very happy with mine.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2005, 03:05 AM

I LOVE YOU~MEN!!! LET ME GIVE YOU A GIANT HUG, HUG~

actually, I just bought TUCANO-second skin/Apple Element today (the sales person said..if it does not fit my Power Book, I can return it...so....I am gonna return it.......it is too tight, and super hard to zip all the way to the end)

i am gonna get Boog, I AM GONNA GET BOOG, i am gonna buy boog~~
I wanted to order one too.. but they don't have one for the 15". Not in stock anyways... i can only wait...

maphro
Mar 15, 2005, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by ericssonboi:
I wanted to order one too.. but they don't have one for the 15". Not in stock anyways... i can only wait...
I order it~ but they did not ask for my visa info.....they said they will e-mail me later...... I suspect that they actually don't have it in stock, yet ~

PowerBook is a charm~

you might consider ordering it at advance~

Boog is sweet~

when I will/shall have my Boog, I will take my 12" PB out for walks..get some sun...with my dogs....and check out other PB ladies~ sweet dreams~

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2005, 08:45 AM

I order it~ but they did not ask for my visa info.....they said they will e-mail me later...... I suspect that they actually don't have it in stock, yet ~

PowerBook is a charm~

you might consider ordering it at advance~

Boog is sweet~

when I will/shall have my Boog, I will take my 12" PB out for walks..get some sun...with my dogs....and check out other PB ladies~ sweet dreams~
Right now... my 15" PB stays at home and hangs out with my PC(unfortunatly) and a few other of my toys.

If only they had it in stock for the 15" .. then i'll pick one up. As for your 12" ... i think that's how they do it.. I wanted to check on how much shipping would be.. and they don't ask for your credit card information until they contact you..

iDORK
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2005, 10:21 PM

Another nice bag, but a laptop backpack by Spire

http://www.laptoplogic.com/reviews/gear/51/1/1/

snh628
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2005, 09:26 AM

I saw the pictures of the Medium School Hymn with the 12" Powerbook and it's clearly too big. Has anyone tried a small School Hymn? Also, does anyone have the "purse"-type bag from Willow Designs?

phoenix78
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2005, 06:23 AM

http://www.standardtm.com.au/home

EVERYTHING a digi would want with style. Company is located in many countries too.

enjoy.

rob.

U n i o n 0015
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2005, 02:54 PM

Does anybody have a good recommendation for what Timbuk2 bag is best for a 12" PowerBook?

I like the Brenthaven Profile and Waterfield Racer-X in terms of size, but I like Timbuk2's colors better.
12" 1.5GHz Aluminum PowerBook G4
15" 1GHz Titanium PowerBook G4

spoticus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2005, 04:20 AM

OK, so i just got my first Mac. It's a 17" Powerbook, and it's my new baby. Obviously, I want to protect it so I'm looking for a nice bag. I'd like it if it was a messenger style bag and waterproof or weather-resistent would be a plus. Also, I know i may have to spend a ton of money on it, but the cheaper the better.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
17" Powerbook G4 - 1.67 ghz - 1.5GB RAM

osxisfun
Mar 30, 2005, 11:26 PM

I was at an apple store yesterday and i REALLY like the timbuk2 commute.

Separate inside compartment for the powerbook with a nice material to protect from scratches.

lots of pockets.

you could prob swim with it the material seem so water resisistant.

but the part i liked best was the padded outside back wall. NICE.

The whole damn thing just felt snug as a bug.

$99.

roadracr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2005, 09:44 PM

Just picked up the WaterField Cargo. Totally awesome bag! Holds all my junk (G4 PB - of course!, PDA, cables, power supply, USB mouse, notebooks, and lots more). One great additional use for the laptop sleeve: serves as a thermal barrier when using the PB on my lap. The PB really is a heat source (I wouldn't hold my breath for a G5 machine) and the laptop sleeve makes it tolerable. Hey, you need to put the sleeve somewhere once you take the PB out.

BTW, the WaterField service was outstanding!

osxisfun
Apr 2, 2005, 01:46 PM

so i went back to the apple store to check out the timbuktu commute again and i noticed something...

the commute has a VERY nice black external padding thing on the back walll of it. (the wall that is pressed against your back when you use it.) I am going to use this bag while riding my bike to the office so i want the pb padded between my back and the PB.

I went to the timbuktu site and could not tell that the messanger bags had the same cushion. i do not think they do. I like the colors better on the messenger better..

bummer.

maybe i should go timbuk2 messenger and get a sleeve?

but every sleeve i have seen is too bluky for the protection (brain cell) does anyone out there use a timbukt2 messenger with a sleeve?

I am thinking of the japanese zeroshock sleeve.

thoughts?

Kadgar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2005, 04:56 PM

I am thinking about getting one of the RadTech bags found here: http://www.radtech.us/Products/ShoulderBags.aspx#SDrift

I am between the small drift and the curve and I have a 12in powerbook. I was wondering if anyone can tell me which bag is better, and if the smaller sleeve offers better protection for the laptop it fits best (if the small drift, made for the smaller laptops, would give better protection because it fits tighter).

Thanks for any help

nick_coday
Apr 10, 2005, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by iDORK:
[B]I am thinking about the TimBuk2 grip sleeve since i dont normally carry that many accessories. Just by PowerBook 1.25GHz 15.4" and the ac adapter. Anyone used the timbuk2 grip sleeve?
I have it and like very much. However, there is no room for the AC Adapter, the fit is just too perfect I would say. Whenever I "go mobile", I just leave the AC behind or put in my bookbag with the books and such. I bought it to protect just my powerbook, not the AC too.
--------------------------------------
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

osxisfun
Apr 10, 2005, 12:03 PM

I'll proably go with this sleeve if i buy a powerbook:

ZeroShock 15-Inch Notebook Sleeve

http://shinza.com/product_info.php?p...cdd606b670dfc1

seems like all the other sleeves either have no protection (or barely) or they have too much (and really border on bags since many have handles)

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 14, 2005, 05:25 PM

does anyone have the north face borealis back pack? does it come with a laptop sleeve? is the sleeve built in, or is it removeable? also, in a review, it said that the borealis only had one compartment. i was hoping that it would have at least 2 (one for the PB and one for books/notebooks/etc). if anyone has pictures of the borealis, or has used one, can you help me out? thanks.

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 17, 2005, 11:48 PM

anyone use or have the north face hot shot daypack? looks nice but i would like some insight from people who put their PBs or laptops in there. any help would be appreciated!
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2005, 12:38 AM

Love my Chrome Designs Mini Metro Messenger bag for my Alu15". And I just received my Booq Bags sleeve. Using the combination of the two now for added protection.

As soon as I get my lazy arse to find my Canon's power adapter, I'll get my battery charged and some pics up.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

maphro
Apr 28, 2005, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by ericssonboi
Right now... my 15" PB stays at home and hangs out with my PC(unfortunatly) and a few other of my toys.

If only they had it in stock for the 15" .. then i'll pick one up. As for your 12" ... i think that's how they do it.. I wanted to check on how much shipping would be.. and they don't ask for your credit card information until they contact you..
fiannly~~they have it in stock now they called and e-mailed me today... I will have to call back tomoro..cause I missed the call.. I am sure this time they will as for my visa info=)))

the case sure looks nice..

dog2van
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 08:34 PM

The sohoservices.com charges $89.99 CAD ( TAX%14 + $20 shipping to vancouver) for the Booq Vyper M .

I ordered mine for CAD$64 from this website
http://www.rushfaster.com.au/product...y=LAPTOP_GLOVE

maphro
Apr 30, 2005, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by dog2van
The sohoservices.com charges $89.99 CAD ( TAX%14 + $20 shipping to vancouver) for the Booq Vyper M .

I ordered mine for CAD$64 from this website
http://www.rushfaster.com.au/product...y=LAPTOP_GLOVE
mmm..u r a smart shopper~
I canceled my order from Soho...because their phone system was too complicated...and they only take visa over the phone..and everytime they call me in the morning, I was sleeping.

good news was that...now Boog's web site will ship to Canada directly.... so..I have ordered it from them instead.. although I will have to wait till Jun... out of stock..

yup~~SoHo lost my business... they left a message told me to call back...I called twice..long-distance call just to hear a very long commercial announcement..it's not free 1-800 call either... I was not impressed with the service they provided. and when an item is out of stuck..it should say so in the web site..

iDORK
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2005, 11:31 AM

The radtech looks nice!

iDORK
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2005, 11:32 AM

If anyone likes messenger bag, the Incase Moya Deluxe looks pretty nice

http://www.laptoplogic.com/reviews/gear/57/1/1/

waterbuck
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2005, 12:13 PM

I want to put up pix of my Volt XL but I don't understand how to do it on this site.

When I click "insert picture" I get a little window that says "enter the text to be formatted" when I was expecting an option to attach a photo...

what do I do?

help...
G4 1.67 MHz 15" AlBook Rev D

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 12:16 PM

waterfield! i sold my brand new vyper m because it wasnt enough. its almost like a hard shell thats not so hard and not so.. cushion-y. ordered a waterfield today. will keep you guys posted!
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

waterbuck
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2005, 12:28 PM

I've used the Spire "Volt XL" for about 2 months and it has proven great and pretty nice looking too. (incidentally I'll post pix at some point but I don't seem to be allowed to by the admins for now).

If you want to see what it looks like, go to Volt XL website

My interest in a backpack carrier is that I often carry a lot of books/papers etc. along with the computer, even more when I have to travel. I needed something with maximum capacity that could fit under the seat in front of me and that allowed me to spread the load between 2 shoulders. Also, like pretty much else, I didn't want anything that advertised the presence of a laptop inside.

I was torn between some of the Crumpler backpacks and this one and some from Radtech. The Crumpler is definitely kind of young and moddish, but lacks a sufficient number of pockets in my view and I wanted something that could be cinched down with side straps when necessary.

The Spire Volt XL drew me both because of some online reviews describing very strong build quality, and it's good but fairly conventional looks. It looks solid, understated but sleek (pix are below).

There are 3 color options, but I think the black & midnight blue is the best looking. One of its strong points, relative to the Crumpler, is a good number of separate storage compartments and pockets which helps me get organized.

There are 2 vertically zipped small pockets on the very front, and I use one for pens/change and one for random stuff. The backpack interior is split into 2 separately zippered major compartments. The front (nonlaptop) compartment has several open and shuttable little pockets and sleeves where I store small reference books, wires & cables, the odd can of soda. One of the sleeves is wide enough to store CD's or DVD's and I keep some blanks in there.

The back compartment includes a removable vertically-oriented velcrow-closeable laptop sleeve that has its own strap. The laptop sleeve attaches to the interior of the compartment with velcrow as well. In principle this means it is "suspended" against shock. The sleeve itself is well padded and has a pretty rugged exterior nylon so this is something that could be used alone. It feels somewhat bulkier and more protected than some of the laptop sleeves out there. It could work as a separate carrier, since it has its own shoulder strap. However the opening on the short end means that it's vertically-oriented (optimum for sliding the laptop in and out of the backpack without removing the sleeve) which may strike many as a bit of a funny look for a standalone laptop sleeve that you carry around without the pack. You can order up a Spire Volt XL with a more conventional opening on the long side, but then it's more of a chore to get the laptop out of a backpack.

The other thing to know about the back compartment is that you can readily stuff a LOT of paper in there with the laptop if you need to, e.g. right now I have about 3 inches thick of journals and folders and its not full.

So this a good-looking, solidly-built pack with a lot of pockets. A bit pricey but if you bug them by email you can wheedle a discount out of the sellers. I told them I was torn between a few different packs and liked theirs the best but had some price reservations and they sent me a discount.

Waterbuck

Dinan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by waterbuck
So this a good-looking, solidly-built pack with a lot of pockets. A bit pricey but if you bug them by email you can wheedle a discount out of the sellers. I told them I was torn between a few different packs and liked theirs the best but had some price reservations and they sent me a discount.

Waterbuck
how much of a discount we talkin about? the radtech sports backpack looks pretty good and its only 75, but the spire fuse backpack looks cool... except for the 140$ pricetag

waterbuck
Forum Regular
Apr 30, 2005, 10:12 PM

Discount was 15% off the $160 for a Volt XL , which is a bit bigger (slightly) than Spire's Fuse. The Radtech Loop and Sports backpacks look very similar in design and clearly cost less (e.g. $75) so I think they are likely to be good. Somewhere in reading about the various packs I got the sense that the Spire might be a little tougher material (one of the reviews talked about a guy getting suspended midair on a ski lift by accident, hanging 25 feet above the ground, held only by his Spire pack which had somehow caught on the ski lift rigging. He survived, the pack showed no damage, and he continued to use pack for many years after).

Of course I don't know for sure. The SpireUSA is made of 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon and the Radtech packs are '600D Polyester". I don't really know what these things are but from the names I decided that 1680 Ballistic anything would be tougher, thicker and a somewhat thicker stitch, ie more tear-resistant, and that 600D Polyester might be a bit slicker. I really don't know if that was correct because where I live, there are hardly any stores where one can check these things out.

Anyway, I splurged on the pack since I was getting the Powerbook as a replacement for a repeatedly malfunctioning TiBook through Applecare. If money is tight, then I think the real question is how tough the Radtech materials are, because they looked like good packs online.

Lesterm10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2005, 09:33 PM

I love radtech screen saverz and their powersleev, but after using it for a while, the powersleez is a big cumbersome so I bought the glove series for protection and I like it better than the powersleev... it protects wonderfully while still maintaing the form of my powerbook to make it a slim carrying option, when other sleeves add bulk.
Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4 | P4 3.6 Ghz | 2GB of Memory | 160GB HDD | 80GB HDD | Dual Layer DVD-RW | DVD-ROM Drive | ATI Radeon X850 XT PE | Internal 10 in 1 Media Card Reader | Sony HX73 17 inch Silver LCD Monitor | Logitech DiNovo Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Apple Powerbook 12" rev. D | 1.5 Ghz G4 | 1.256GB of Memory | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive

irus
Forum Regular
May 3, 2005, 12:25 AM

New RadTech NeoCase neoprene sleeve looks nice.

Will post review once I have it.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2005, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by irus
New RadTech NeoCase neoprene sleeve looks nice.

Will post review once I have it.
I think I'd worry a little bit about the cooling vents using that thing.

I'm using a Tucano "Second Skin" folder myself. I'm happy with it.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

cryer
May 8, 2005, 03:37 AM

anyone know of a case that looks like this:

its a sony briefcase for a specific type of sony notebook
i just think it looks really nice and was hoping there'd be one that could fit a 17" powerbook that looks like that

PB00k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2005, 03:49 AM

Someone might have covered this earlier in the thread. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a good messenger style bag to hold a 17" PowerBook and still have room for a few College text books and notebooks.
Thanks for any help you can give.

waterbuck
Forum Regular
May 8, 2005, 10:09 AM

A lot of people like Crumplers and Watersmith messenger style bags, and both can be ordered in large enough size to accommodate both your computer and your books...

nick_coday
May 8, 2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by PB00k
Someone might have covered this earlier in the thread. But I was wondering if anyone knows of a good messenger style bag to hold a 17" PowerBook and still have room for a few College text books and notebooks.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Timbuk2.com has one specifically for the 17"er
--------------------------------------
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

roadracr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2005, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by cryer
anyone know of a case that looks like this:

its a sony briefcase for a specific type of sony notebook
i just think it looks really nice and was hoping there'd be one that could fit a 17" powerbook that looks like that
With the front flap and buckle, this case looks a lot like the WaterField Cargo bag. I have the WF Cargo and it's excellent. The paraglider buckle option is IMO a better option than the regular seatbelt buckle due to smaller size and better looks.
G4 PB15, 1.67 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM, 100 GB HD
G4 iMac20, 1.25 GHz, 768 MB RAM, 160 MB HD

cryer
May 9, 2005, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by roadracr
With the front flap and buckle, this case looks a lot like the WaterField Cargo bag. I have the WF Cargo and it's excellent. The paraglider buckle option is IMO a better option than the regular seatbelt buckle due to smaller size and better looks.
is this the bag you're talking about?

http://www.sfbags.com/products/cargo/cargo.htm

looks good but i think i'd rather have a cleaner, more solid look instead of a multi-tone color and zipper on the front. however, i'll definitely consider it, thank you!

anyone else have a suggestion?

roadracr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2005, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by cryer
is this the bag you're talking about?

http://www.sfbags.com/products/cargo/cargo.htm

looks good but i think i'd rather have a cleaner, more solid look instead of a multi-tone color and zipper on the front. however, i'll definitely consider it, thank you!

anyone else have a suggestion?
Yes, that's the one. I have the large cargo and it's an incredibly good bag, though quite expensive. After a month with the bag, I can give it a glowing review.

You might also look at the Timbuk2 bags which are also messenger style (with a front flap), have more color options and are a bit less expensive.

Leo the 3rd
May 10, 2005, 10:45 AM

I also have the Waterfield Cargo and love it. Plenty of room for storage. Solid built. Fits in plane storage bins. Expensive, but I consider the cost of my PowerBook and the protection it offers.

c8h10n4o2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2005, 06:46 PM

Does anyone have any pictures that show how big the STM Small Drift is? A picture with someone carrying it or next something that can be used as a point of reference. I'm trying to decide if this bag is too big or not.

Thanks.

joshs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2005, 02:26 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, I stunmbled across this site while searching for PowerBook bags.

I just purcahsed a new 15 inch powerbook and am looking for a messenger bag for it.

The things is though...I would like a messenger bag that has room for the powerbook as well as things you would take in a carry on bag. In my case, that is some books, tolieteires, glasses cases, things along that line.

Can anone reccomend a messenger bag that can do this for me? Becasue after reading through this whole thread I cannot find one.

I should mentione I would like to carry it like a real messenger bag, slung across the shoulder, and not like a handbag/purse on one shoulder.

Thank so much to anyone who can give some suggestions.

roadracr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by joshs
Hello Everyone,

I am new here, I stunmbled across this site while searching for PowerBook bags.

I just purcahsed a new 15 inch powerbook and am looking for a messenger bag for it.

The things is though...I would like a messenger bag that has room for the powerbook as well as things you would take in a carry on bag. In my case, that is some books, tolieteires, glasses cases, things along that line.

Can anone reccomend a messenger bag that can do this for me? Becasue after reading through this whole thread I cannot find one.

I should mentione I would like to carry it like a real messenger bag, slung across the shoulder, and not like a handbag/purse on one shoulder.

Thank so much to anyone who can give some suggestions.
The WaterField Cargo bag, in the large size, will meet your needs. This is the bag I purchased for my 15-inch PB and I pack it full of stuff. To really see what the bag will hold and how it looks, check out this link.

WaterField Cargo Review

This was about the most expensive bag I found (which is definitely NOT the reason I bought it), but it works perfectly for me.

joshs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2005, 04:30 PM

Hello,

Thanks so much for that suggestion roadracr!

I actually saw that while looking through the thread.

I probably should mention that I am only 5'6....do you think this bag will be too big for me?

Also...I currently use a duffel bag with 1400 cubic inches of room, and I fill it up pretty much all the way sometimes (sometimes, for long trips). So that might give you a better idea of how much stuff I sometimes carry.

So...would you or anyone else have any comments on the:

1. crumpler very busy man bag

2. any of the timbuk2 bags

3. tom bihn bags, specificaly the courier laptop and the super ego

My questions for any of these would be if you think they would have enough space for my mentioned needs, if they would be too big for my size and in general what you think of it

I just want to say thank you so much to anyone who can provide even a little bit of advice and to everyone who takes the time to read it. This is my first mac and I really appreciate your help finding a good bag for it.

b1NARY73
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2005, 03:29 PM

I am looking for a "Sling Style" Backpack that will fit a PowerBook 17". Any suggestions or ideas. I have a Victornox Messenger right now, but want a backpack to use when I ride my bike to work.

Thanks!
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.5GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.16GHZ Intel Core Duo / 2GB Ram / 120GB
 Macbook Black / 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB

toffe
Forum Regular
May 18, 2005, 03:31 AM

I plan to make my own custom bag for my upcoming iBook (I know this is a Powerbook thread) when it's finished i'll maby post some pictures of how to make one if someone is interrested. Havent got the iBooke yet so i'll wait a while before i start the sewing. I'll want to make it look cool, be a good protection from scratches, ligthweight and well fitting.

But we'll see what the results will be like.

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
May 23, 2005, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by c8h10n4o2
Does anyone have any pictures that show how big the STM Small Drift is? A picture with someone carrying it or next something that can be used as a point of reference. I'm trying to decide if this bag is too big or not.

Thanks.
I have the STM Drift small for my 12" PowerBook. It's the perfect size. It's small enough not be cumbersome but large enough to accomodate all the extra things you need to carry around with you (like your iPod, digital camera, wallet, mobile phone, plugs and leads, etc). It looks kind of small, but you'll be surprised what you can carry in it.

Here's an in depth review I did on it recently.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

Forum Links
Forum Rules