Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 9)
Phil333
Forum Regular
Jun 28, 2004, 10:34 PM

Alright. Are there any good sleeves out there that will fit comfortably inside a normal backpack? I'm off to college next year and don't want to use a big bag and I want to be able to take my laptop the library and such

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 12:47 AM

it all depends on the size of the backpack, and what u want the sleeve to have. can u narrow it down a bit? i'm sure people int he community can help you out n give u some pointers =) good luck

Phil333
Forum Regular
Jun 29, 2004, 09:58 AM

all I need is for the sleeve to protect the laptop as I put it in my backpack. Something that's fairly lightweight woulde be nice too. I really liked the Booq except for the whole, having trouble fitting into a packpack type thing.

As for the size, I have no clue. It can fit the powerbook in there fine, I just don't know about the sleeves. Also, I want to be able to have room for a couple books in there too when I use the backpack and have the powerbook with the sleeve. It's not a large large backpack but it definitly isn't tiny.

Gig103
Jun 29, 2004, 12:06 PM

Hi everyone, I just got my powerbook yesterday and need a case! I read all 9 pages of this thread (phew took a while!) and from what I see I think I'm leaning towards the Booq PowerSleeve. I would like some input from owners please...

Their site says the 14" is best for the 15" Powerbook but I was wondering what a "snug" fit means and how snug it is?
Also, is fitting the power adapter going to be feasible?
-Mike
=======
My Home Theater: The Stig Cinema
My Powerbook: Alum 15", 1.33ghz G4, 256mb, 60gb, combo drive

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2004, 07:54 PM

there are glowing reviews on the booq .. they seem to fit snug .. but a bit bulky (good protection) .. shinza sleeves have had good review .. not too snug .. but form fitting .. and takes little space. the crumpler 12 inch isnt too formfitting (enough room to slide a bit ) but i've found a way around that with a bit of foam. i hear the 15 is snug as a whistle but i dont own one so i dunno), timbuk2 makes good stuff .. so their grip sleeve might be looked into .. in the end it's down to size, appearance, cost, and that's something u will need to figure out on your own. if u have something in mind, ask if people who own 'em can post pictures .. and then see if that would work for you =) .. i know how hard it can be to choose tho .. it bugged the heck out of me for a few days =) Good luck

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 08:40 PM

yep...that's pretty mucht he gist of the thread in terms of sleeves. but don't forget the Monolith from Tom Bihn. they have a drop-protection by practically hanging the notebook on an elastic sling, rather than just letting it sit on the case. i'm getting it.
Ryan

badtz
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2004, 09:35 PM

Can anyone please put up photos [that aren't from booq's website] of the Powersleeve for the 15" powerbook?

Gig103
Jun 30, 2004, 10:07 AM

Okay thanks for the information. My followup question is "Will the Booq hold any accessories?"

I picked up the Incase at the Apple store, and it does fit the power brick, but I think that's about all I will manage to get into it.

Anyone wish to comment on these two also?
1) Tom Bihn (but it looks mimimalist like the Incase
2) Marware (will it hold anything more)
( Last edited by Gig103; Jun 30, 2004 at 10:14 AM. )
-Mike
=======

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jun 30, 2004, 10:38 AM

ow, yea, the Monolith from Tom Bihn was designed to be put inside a backpack, so they didn't take powerbricks into consideration. but the Brain Cell, the horizontal version of the Monolith, has pockets that should be enough for small things like the Powerbrick.
Ryan

KarimL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2004, 01:31 PM

Got my Powersleeve12. It seems to ve very well made. Tight stitching, strong clasps. The shoulder straps have black metal connecters. I hate carrying things around on my shoulder, but it's still better than the plastic ones I've seen. The zippers are also made of seemingly strong metal.

I got the white+silver. It's pretty nice looking, but a bit too flashy maybe. Black on black might have been too plain. The powerbook fits pretty snuggly, and there seems to be good protection all around.

The front flap has enough room for maybe one powercord, and the back pocket has enough room for a thin folder with a few pages in it.

It's small enough to throw in my backpack, although my backpack is on the larger side. However, it'd probably fit in a normal sized backpack. It's about the size of a large textbook.

I'm very happy I got this bag. The reason I got the 12 inch powerbook was because of portability, and now it's easy to carry this bag around for protection. If I need to carry more than the power cord or a few sheets of paper, I can put it in my backpack and carry that around.
Powerbook G4 12"
Rev C - 512MB/60GB/Superdrive

Gig103
Jun 30, 2004, 03:40 PM

Sorry if this sounds silly, but when you say "powercord" you mean the brick, or maybe the brick and the extension plug?
-Mike
=======

KarimL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2004, 07:25 PM

The brick and regular small wire fit easily with a small buldge.

The brick, regular wire, and large extension fit if you really stuff it in, and the buldge is very noticable.
Powerbook G4 12"
Rev C - 512MB/60GB/Superdrive

quadraphonic
Jun 30, 2004, 11:30 PM

I got my InCase Back Pack through the Apple Store. It's awesome. Excellent organization and a ton of padding. The sleeve doesn't fit into the designated laptop holder, but it fits perfectly in the larger portion of that compartment. The two compartment design is excellent. I'd highly recommend the Back Pack / Sleeve combo.
-quadraphonic
12" Rev C Powerbook G4, ComboDrive, 60GB HD, 256MB RAM

Ann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2004, 09:43 AM

Sorry if this has already been addressed. But I'm looking for a snug fitting, no frills (handles, straps, etc.) laptop sleeve for my 12" Powerbook. The amount of protection or padding doesn't matter. The ones I'm looking at are:
http://www.marware.com/SFSleeves.html
http://shinza.com/product_info.php?p...b60a42043d6874
http://www.radtech.us/Products/SpecialtyBags.aspx

Any advice on which one's best for what I'm looking for, or any others to throw in the mix? Thanks.
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33GHz
768MB/60GB/Superdrive

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 1, 2004, 09:57 AM

also look at this: http://www.crumplerusa.com/products/...hool_hymn.html

i'd say sleeves don't give that much protection, so it all comes down to looks. at least for sleeves that are this thin. now if you're talking about the Monolith or the Brain Cell or the Booq Powersleeves, then that's a different story.
Ryan

zerografix
Jul 1, 2004, 04:03 PM

I have a 15in powerbook and purchased a STM Alley Bag, wound up returning it because it couldn't hold all my equip.

Recently purchased a bag from http://www.coluco.com/airbag/index.asp - picked the Dune - it's awesome - holds my PB, ipod, Powersupply, Digital Camera, Dvd's and Cell - well worth the $$ - and it looks pretty sweet too.

The customer support @ culuco is fantastic, I wasn't sure what model I wanted, they sent pics and brochures ASAP. Highly recommended!

CubeWannaB
Forum Regular
Jul 2, 2004, 01:25 PM

I just got my Spire Nova. It's perfect for a 12" powerbook. Very compact yet still room for my powerbrick, ipod and tons of papers. A 1" binder would fit easily.

The best features, in my opinion, are the included sleeve (which is also sold seperately) and the small size. Perfect for a 12". The more generic laptop bag I was using before had too much space for the little gal and she slid all over the place. Now she's cozy.

Check it out: http://www.spireusa.com/

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2004, 09:49 PM

I'm looking at this one from ebags.com. It also has a removeable sleeve.

http://www.ebags.com/high_sierra/a_t...?modelid=15704

Grayson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2004, 04:15 PM

Just a heads up for those searching for Crumpler bags. J&R Music and Computer World has outstanding prices for their Crumpler bags. Limited selection but you can't beat these prices, especially for the larger bags, anywhere. http://www.jr.com/ search for "Crumpler" . You can also get to J&R through Amazon.com. My black and gray Very Busy Man was just shipped for a grand total of $86.73 and that includes shipping.

daiSho
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2004, 01:03 PM

anyone know if a 17" Powerbook will fit into a Bablbee "Megapolis" backpack? i have the Peoples Delight already for my 12" but theres no way lapzilla is going into that one. it would be nice if the larger model would fit into the Megapolis..!

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 9, 2004, 01:14 PM

i had some difficulty finding any review about the Crumpler School hymn when i was going to buy it. but i ended up buying it anyway since it sounds like the best choice for me for a simple sleeve with medium protection.

so now i've decided to write one. i hope it'll help people see what the school hymn is really like and help in their decision. ok, so enough of this, on with the School hymn.

the material is NOT fabric. i thought it was some kind of polyester or ballistic nylon or cordura wrapped around a plastic re-enforcer, but it's not. it's Vinyl. for those who don't know what this means (like me), it's synthetic leather. the sleeve looks like it's made of synthetic leather. it's shiny and might as well be smooth, but there's a very faint leather grain on it, kinda nice actually. but it's not leather. scuffs will show up very easily, but i think it adds character. overall, the surface has a bit of subdued shine to it.

the fit is very nice. it hugs the PB on all 4 corners snugly, but there is a bit of space left on the sides, i would guess this means there is a bit of cushioning if it's ever hit from the sides. the case is rather stiff, and i can imagine it taking the brunt of most mild bumps. the sides are also lines internally, so the zippers will never ever touch our babies. i've tried tilting, bending it in many different possible natural ways in the bag, and the zipper never touches the powerbook. in my messenger bag, i often put the sleeve open horizontally in its laptop compartment, so i can pull the PB out quickly. even when opened like this, the zippers never seemed to touch the PB.

one brieff note, there is only one zipper pull. so in order to open it, we have to unzip the entire thing. unlike Shinza'a Zeroshock that has two pulls and can be opened at any point we choose. this is why i leave the zipper open in my messenger bag, the compartment holds it closed, but when i need to take the PB out, i don't have to pull the entire sleeve out to unzip it, sicne the zipper rests on the backside.

overall this is a very nice sleeve. i just wished i ordered it in black or silver, since the blue is a bit too bright candy-like for my taste, but it's slowly growing on me. and the black one will look much nicer since the surface is synthetic leather. i imagine it will look much mroe professional. same with the white, except i think it'll be much more prone to dirts and scuffs.

Ryan

paran0idandr0id
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 9, 2004, 03:24 PM

Hi Ryan, thanks for the great pics and review about the Crumpler School Hymn! I was thinking about buying it for a long time, but I couldnt find any good reviews about it. I finally ordered one last week, and after seeing your review and pics today, I feel kind of relieved that I made the right decision.

It looks like it gives good protection from zipper scratches and bumps, and it also looks much cooler than other sleeves Ive seen. Im also thinking about getting a Timbuk2 medium or large messenger bag, as I dont want a bag that says computer inside!!!...what kind of messenger bag do you use? Thanks again for your review!

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 9, 2004, 03:34 PM

i have a 20$ Gap messenger bag that has its own laptop compartment in it. oddly, rather than the wide and deep design that most messengers have for their laptop section, this one is elongated, perfect for a widescreen powerbook - it's almost as if it were designed for it. for 20$, how can i complain. i also use a North Face Borealis for larger hauls.
Ryan

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2004, 05:15 PM

the fit is very nice. it hugs the PB on all 4 corners snugly, but there is a bit of space left on the sides,

hey ryan .. nice pix .. i was afraid of the blue but it looks pretty darn sweet. i have a question for u. inside the hinge of the school hymn, there is a tag that says school hymn and the size of the sleeve. what size does ur tag say. i have a 12 inch pbook and i bought a school hymn for my 12

it is NO WHERE NEAR snug .. it was a huge dissapointment. i ended up cutting the foam on that came inside the school hymn and used it to fill up the gap between my pbook and the school hymn case. i asked if i was shipped a wrong sized one but they said it was correct. if i can borrow my brother's digital camera, i'll take a shot n post it... very very dissapointing. i only hope it was a mix up .. although i doubt they would exchange mine now since it's been used ... man .. yours and mine are a different breed when it comes to snugness.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2004, 07:25 PM

Alright .. here's my pix .. sorry if i lag you guys a bit =( .. but you will see what i mean by NOT snug .. i'm going to have to email crumpler about this. hey ryan, if you have a chance, please let me know what size your crumpler is. mine is a M .. which is supposed to be the one for 12 inch powerbooks but i cannot believe it is this much bigger than the laptop. looks like a 15 might fit in it although i never tried.

logo zoomed in

logo zoomed out

not zipped but closed

it is a medium (which SHOULD be the right size for 12 inch powerbooks. you be the judge.

here's my 12 incher sitting inside (opened)

next is a series of three shots, zoomed differently of the left side gap. i measured this by pushing the pbook to the right side edge, and measured the gap from the left edge of pbook to left edge of case. you'll see what i'm saying. the ruler is clear, so i used a white envelope behind it so u can see the measurements better.

close

wider

not a trick with the angle .. check all three. seriously 1 inch gap .. maybe more?!?

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jul 9, 2004, 07:27 PM

When laptop is pushed to the top edge (spine of the case) and i measured the front gap. it is as follows

zoomed in

zoomed out

here is the powerbook at the front lip of the case. notice left/right/spine gaps

i find myself pushing the laptop to the top right of the case most of the time .. with this gap resulting...

now why would i do that? .. because this is my pathetic temporary solution to the problem.

the last pic is the color of the sleeve and laptop. the color matches pretty well..

well .. hope ryan gets back to me sooner or later, so i know what's up ...

sorry for the long post .. i'm just feeling crumy about it and i wanted to let you guys know what i'm ranting about..

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 10, 2004, 12:22 AM

whoa. that is pretty bad. that is nowhere near snug, kinda defeats the purpose of the sleeve in the first place. mine is Size L. and my Powerbook is the 15". i did read somewhere that the 15" Al PB fits perfectly, while the Ti has a bit of play in either direction. BUT the 12" was said to be not snug at all, now i know. i suggest you get a different sleeve, unless you wanna keep using the foam. to me it'd be too unpractical, but if you can live with it. i suggest the Tom Bihn Monolith (vertical) or Brain Cell (horizontal) if you're getting a new one.
Ryan

rag on a muffin
Senior User
Jul 10, 2004, 01:49 AM

you got this one?

http://www.bagsforme.com/bags/CR-SCH12

look at the stats:

Perfectly fits laptops with these dimensions:
Width: 10.9 inches (27.7 cm)
Depth: 8.6 inches (21.9 cm)
Height: 1.18 inches (3.0 cm)

i think this is the small, but i couldnt find where they said.
Superhero Of The Computer Rage
MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz, PowerBook G4 12" 1 Ghz (DVI) Dell 24" monitor
Porsche 944, Mercedes 240D (running onWaste Vegetable Oil)

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jul 10, 2004, 04:11 AM

i got mine at cravedweasel.com

i have emailed the guy from cravedweasel.com and crumplerusa.com .. i didnt send pictures as i am not sure they open attachments. i will either send links or pictures depending on what they want (response by email). i would like to get mine replaced by one that fits. i originally thought they were all as loose as mine. fifteen included. i guess it's not ... i was told it would be snug and that was the reason why i purchased this. i have had it for .. what .. two months now? i think .. not totally sure . maybe slightly more .. i havent had the laptop that long =P. i dont know if they will take it back, but considering the fit on mine and the fit on ryans .. i'm very unhappy about it. i shoulda gone with a booq, or a timbuk2 (i use a timbuk2 messenger bag). hopefully they will be able to do something about this. i just cant believe they would make one with such large gaps intentionally. i originally thought to buy a dark foam. dense dense foam. i figured it would even give more protection to the sides, and if i can fashion a square ring out of it, i could just plop the pbook down in the center. but after see'ing how it's supposed to fit, i dont want to have to deal with searching, as i havent found any place that sells that dense foam. thanks for your help ryan .. i'll see what happens

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 12, 2004, 01:51 AM

Ryan, thanks for the great review + pictures! I've been pondering what type of sleave to get for my new 15" PB that will be here in a week or so. I noticed you said you also use a Northface Borealis. I picked one of them up a year ago and I love the damn thing. I used it every day at school + on various vacations and what not and the thing still looks like it did the day it was purchased. I was just wondering if you would mind taking a picture of the sleave with your PB inserted into the backpack so I could see how the fit is? Don't know if you have the time, but I'd definitely appreciate it!
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 12, 2004, 02:04 PM

hi..

i'll take some pics of the Borealis with the School hymn later. my dad has the cable to transfer the pics - so i can't post them now anyway. but i'll take some pics later.
Ryan

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2004, 01:36 AM

Awesome... thanks a lot man... take your time! I should be getting the PB by early next week at the latest... but I can wait. I ordered a RadTech Glove to start with. I just need something temporary... but it may become permanent if I like it. The crumpler looks very nice. Maybe a birthday or xmas gift to me
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T

crunked
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 04:19 AM

anyone know where I can buy a good laptop sleeve for my 12" iBook G4 from a canadian retail or online store? The reason i'm specifically asking for a canadian store is cause i don't wanna have to spend extra for shipping and import taxes that come with ordering from US stores.

thanks

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 13, 2004, 09:27 AM

the Apple stores around toronto like CSC and Carbon usually have some Marware and macally bags. you can also order crumpler stuff from Jason Wood (www.storeos.com) he's our canadian Crumpler dealer - based in Oakville Ontario.
Ryan

crunked
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 10:03 AM

Originally posted by Ryan1524:
the Apple stores around toronto like CSC and Carbon usually have some Marware and macally bags. you can also order crumpler stuff from Jason Wood (www.storeos.com) he's our canadian Crumpler dealer - based in Oakville Ontario.
Thanks for the link Ryan, but $75 just for a notebook sleeve is a little too expensive for my taste. Do you know the websites for CSC and Carbon and where they might be located?

thanks

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 13, 2004, 10:49 AM

Ryan

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 13, 2004, 11:05 AM

this is for wuzup101.

i thought the Sleeve would fit with much space leftover in there, but it didn't. the fit is very close. there is practically no room for anything to move around. for some this might be a good thing, but overall, the space offered by this bag slightly disappoints me. i Think the base width of the bag should have allowed it to fit one more binder, but it wouldn't allow me to close it, i'll get to that later.

you see here, the sleeve sits just right inside the bag, with barely any space to spare. it's practically touching the and pushing the zippers out. when i walk, i can hear squeeking sound from the plasticky vinyl against the bag's fabric. the squeaking is minimal - barely audible.

if i put the sleeve in the main compartment and NOT inside that thin sleeve, it can sit a bit lower and more naturrally, and it falls into a much better position than previously. it clear the zippers better. and since it's not touching the edge like before, there are no squaking sound.

i managed to fit three 1" binders in there. although that's better than my messenger bag, it's still quite dismal for a 1950cu in bag. i kinda expected more. the problem is with the bag's design. the bag is wide at the base, but is tapered towards the top. so, even if the base can fit one more binder, the top is already cramped.

but in its defense, you can still fit lots of paraphernilia in the area above the binders, and in the front compartment.

as seen here, the top is already touching the binders, but if i put my hand in towards the bottom, there are still space for one more 1" binder.

normally, what happens is that the tapered top caused the bag to pull forward. the backside (that tuches our back) is bent outwards to balance the tapering on the other side, and i can fit one more binder in there. maybe a small folder or textbook. BUT, because of the tall sleeve that is obviously NOT bendable, the back cannot bend forward, so that spacing cannot be done.

what worries me is this, the bag's back has a tendency to bend to accomodate for the weight on the other side, that pressure might now be applied to the sleeve (and powerbook) since it is now holding and re-enforcing the back, keeping it from bending. i don't like the sound of 30L of books exerting a force that might bend my powerbook. but this is just my paranoia again talking. it probly won't be that sever, and the sleeve should help with keeping it from getting bent. but keep this in mind while loading.

hope this helps.
Ryan

TheDrew
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 10:15 PM

How snug are the Shinza sleeves on the 12" pb?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered earlier in the thread - I skimmed through the 9 pages but didn't see anything about them specifically (although I didn't really look THAT hard).
"Humans take the path of least resistance, especially after the second beer."
Gerard F. Rutan

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 14, 2004, 02:10 AM

Ryan,

Thanks so much for posting those pictures. They are exactly what I wanted to see. Judging from what you have shown me, the Northface bag will suit my needs and I don't need to buy a messenger bag. Normally I never bring any books to class and I usually use a 1.5" notbook at most (I don't take a ton of notes even though I usually carry a decent amount of credits). I'm thinking there should be plenty of room for me to carry my 15" around with me with the rest of my stuff. I'm only worried about those long nights in the library where I need to have my books. I might need to invest in some other means of transport if they get to be too much. I guess I could just get a smaller messenger/shoulder bag for the Powerbook. Anyway, thanks so much for the pics, I really appreciate it. Nice choice in the colors BTW... wish I would have seen the all black one before I bought. Still I love this bag, it's probably the best investment I've made as far as college stuff goes!

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Jul 14, 2004, 11:09 AM

Snug is the term used to define my Marware Sportsfolio case for my 12in Powerbook. Its nice, I enjoy it. Plus it doesn't look like a laptop case at all. Friends were surprised that I had a laptop in there (also cuz my 12in is super cute).

No regrets for the price and the functionality. Works with my backpack.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2004, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by Lancer409:
Did you make that, or can I buy one someplace? I'm gonna need a screen saver for my 15".
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Ann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 14, 2004, 08:07 PM

I ordered a WaterField SleeveCase (vertical,sz 2) for my 12" Powerbook Sunday night and it arrived here in alabama from san fransisco this morning. Speedy and friendly service, I definitely recommend. Sleeve snuggly fits my PB and is great for carrying it in my backpack. I can post pics if anyone's interested.

http://www.sfbags.com/
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33GHz
768MB/60GB/Superdrive

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 14, 2004, 09:27 PM

yes, please.

thx.
Ryan

azdude
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 14, 2004, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:
Did you make that, or can I buy one someplace? I'm gonna need a screen saver for my 15".
That comes from http://www.radtech.us/
17" 2.33GHz C2D MacBook Pro / 320GB / 2GB

Mr Mushroom
Forum Regular
Jul 15, 2004, 07:23 PM

Anyone own the Brenthave backpack for the 17" that is available on the Apple Store website?

Thoughts on this one?

Thanks

CubeWannaB
Forum Regular
Jul 16, 2004, 01:18 AM

Has anyone bought a spymac case? They seem to have potential.

http://www.spymac.com/shop/index.php...=2&articleid=1

quadraphonic
Jul 16, 2004, 02:04 AM

Originally posted by crunked:
anyone know where I can buy a good laptop sleeve for my 12" iBook G4 from a canadian retail or online store? The reason i'm specifically asking for a canadian store is cause i don't wanna have to spend extra for shipping and import taxes that come with ordering from US stores.

thanks
Try London Drugs.. seriously. They carry the inCase line of sleeves, excellent! I have the 12" PB sleeve and back pack and couldn't be happier.
-quadraphonic

crunked
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2004, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by quadraphonic:
Try London Drugs.. seriously. They carry the inCase line of sleeves, excellent! I have the 12" PB sleeve and back pack and couldn't be happier.
we don't have london drugs here in Toronto!

anyway, I unexpectedly bought a laptop sleeve/case from the Gap yesterday and it's pretty good! It doesn't fit my 12" iBook G4 perfectly but it does the job...and the price can't be beat....less than $20cad!

I can post some pics for those of you interested!

quadraphonic
Jul 16, 2004, 08:44 AM

anyway, I unexpectedly bought a laptop sleeve/case from the Gap yesterday and it's pretty good! It doesn't fit my 12" iBook G4 perfectly but it does the job...and the price can't be beat....less than $20cad!

Oops! Sorry about that. I never knew it was only a western Canada chain.
-quadraphonic

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 16, 2004, 10:44 AM

is it one of the attachables?? i saw those too, and i think it's almsot the perfect size for 12" PBs. and it looks, and i think works, a LOT like the Powersleeve12 from Booq. but for the price, it's great value.
Ryan

Forum Links
Forum Rules