Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Russian Connection

The Russian Connection (Page 15)
Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2017, 11:14 PM

Jr said that is why he went to meet the lawyer, then found otherwise. A pox on both houses.
http://www.businessinsider.com/magni...meeting-2017-7
Donald Trump Jr. said he met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya last June at Trump Tower to discuss compromising information she said she had on Hillary Clinton, but was disappointed when she changed the subject to Russia's adoption policy.
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church" Saint Tertullian, 197 AD

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 3, 2017, 07:00 PM

I've been wondering about this. One of things that I found interesting about the Trump/Russia collusion story is the GOPs most notorious Russophile was nowhere to be found. Now, that could be chalked up to good compartmentalizing by the Russians.

This dropped today:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/03/...investigation/
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher met with the Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya during a 2016 trip to Moscow, a previously undisclosed tête-à-tête that sheds additional light on the extent to which Moscow-based political operatives sought to influence American officials in the run-up to last year’s presidential election.
Small world. Nothing to connect him with the Trump campaign, but it's a not-so-subtle reminder that you shouldn't trust a word that comes out of this guy's mouth.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 3, 2017, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
The meeting with the Russian lawyer who was seeking relief for adoptions had no dirt,
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Explain this morality where Don Jr's intent is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Or try to explain to your wife that you just failed at cheating at her, and that the woman you met with in secret was in the end just interested in “being friends”. Do you think she'll be understanding or do you think she'll be hurt and furious?
In case this got lost on the new page.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2017, 08:19 AM

At least Russia keeps the conspiracy nuts on the Left occupied, much like the Right's Birthers.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2017, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
At least Russia keeps the conspiracy nuts on the Left occupied, much like the Right's Birthers.
Terrible equivalency.

The birther movement never got the FBI/CIA/NSA onboard to agree that something happened. You probably know this though and are just trolling us with your certainty that you know better.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Terrible equivalency.

The birther movement never got the FBI/CIA/NSA onboard to agree that something happened. You probably know this though and are just trolling us with your certainty that you know better.
Actually, it’s not. Both the birther and Russian collusion conspiracy theories were cooked up by Democrat operatives, Clapper being the father of the current theory.

Why do you think Obama went after Sheriff Joe? He was getting close to the truth!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Actually, it’s not. Both the birther and Russian collusion conspiracy theories were cooked up by Democrat operatives, Clapper being the father of the current theory.

Why do you think Obama went after Sheriff Joe? He was getting close to the truth!

You'll excuse me if I don't put a ton of credence into the conspiracies you peddle coming from a guy that thinks that climate change is a massive global conspiracy among tens of thousands of scientists.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2017, 10:34 AM

They’re not my theories. They were cooked up by Democrat toadies in 2008 and 2016.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 4, 2017, 10:36 AM

Geez, stop quoting besson, I have him perma-blocked for a reason, his cognitive dissonance hurts my head.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 16, 2017, 09:05 PM

If when this is over dirt isn't found on Nunes I'll be surprised. Guy is doing a full court press to protect Trump.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2017, 11:50 AM

Obama era FBI had evidence of bribery, and sat on it.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...administration
Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 18, 2017, 12:07 PM

I've read the article. Nowhere does it specify that the FBI told the administration what it found out. Which is concerning as well.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 21, 2017, 05:36 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.66e62a4b7614
President Trump plans to spend at least $430,000 of his personal funds to help cover the mounting legal costs incurred by White House staff and campaign aides related to the ongoing investigations of Russian meddling in last year’s election, a White House official said.
*cut to after Trump is exonerated*
"Here's my legal bill, Mr. President."
"Good luck with that."

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2017, 01:10 PM

Time for Mueller and Rosenstein to resign or recuse themselves.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 22, 2017, 09:49 PM

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...banned-america
In the wake of Canada’s new Magnitsky act, Putin has tried again. Tried for a fifth time. Interpol has accepted his request. Worse, the U.S. government seems in partnership with the Kremlin: Our government has revoked Browder’s visa. (American-born, Browder is a British citizen.)
Uhhh

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Yesterday, 05:45 PM

NBC is reporting that Mueller is investigating Tony Podesta.

Forum Links
Forum Rules