Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > X11 and Fink

X11 and Fink
headbirth
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2003, 08:33 AM

Hi, I was wondering how large these apps are after install and how easy they are to remove if need be?

mishap
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2003, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by headbirth:
Hi, I was wondering how large these apps are after install and how easy they are to remove if need be?
Don't know actually how large they are ( i dont install any X11 apps with fink)...but i'm sure they are something we all can handle without too much trouble

You should be able to just delete them in the /sw directory.

xtal
Senior User
Aug 6, 2003, 09:54 AM

The apps you need to install are:

X11
X11 SDK
Fink
Developer Tools

Of these, DevTools is the largest, occupying about 0.5 GB I believe. The rest are quite small, but you want to leave room for all the wonderful X11 apps out there. I would budget 1.0 - 1.5 GB for the whole endeavour.

By the way, it is fully worth it. Do a search for X11 to find some excelent threads discussing the great free software out there.

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules