Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Powemac G5 and monitors......

Powemac G5 and monitors......
rich82fox
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2010, 10:44 AM

hi

I have a Powermac g5 Dual 1.8gz

I'm currently running two Apple Studio Display 21' CRT Monitors

They really take up a lot of space so i think it's time for an upgrade

Will the original Apple Cinema Display work with the g5? the one in the acryllic casing?

I don't know if my G5 has a DVI Port & ADC Port or two Dvi ports

all i know is that I have two VGA Convertors that my CRT Studio Displays are running off

any ideas ?

Rich
PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8GZ, 2GB RAM, 150 & 300 GB Internal Hard Drives, AGP Geoforce 5200 64MB Graphics Card, Superdrive.

P
Jun 21, 2010, 12:42 PM

By default, that model has a Geforce FX 5200 Ultra with one ADC and one DVI port, so if you've kept the original card, that's what you have. Every Cinema Display before 2008 uses either ADC or DVI, so if you use the original graphics card, it should work.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules