Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Chicken of the VNC.....

Chicken of the VNC.....
rich82fox
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2010, 01:53 PM

hi

I recently downloaded Chicken of the VNC for remote access to my powermac g5

at home over the wireless network -it works perfectly. I log in with my ibook g3 and I can control everything on the G5.

However - I can't do the same over the internet- I'm using mobile broadband at another location and want to log into my G5 at home - but it won't connect and times out

How do I go about setting it up for to use over the internet - I am a bit confused the settings of the router

rich
PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8GZ, 2GB RAM, 150 & 300 GB Internal Hard Drives, AGP Geoforce 5200 64MB Graphics Card, Superdrive.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2010, 02:17 PM

You need to login to the router admin and configure port forwarding to port 5900 or 5901 (whichever is used) to the IP assigned to the Powermac by your router. You might also want to ensure that this IP will be static so that it is always accessible.

I don't think we'll be able to help you with these router settings without knowing what make/model of router you are using.

rich82fox  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
You need to login to the router admin and configure port forwarding to port 5900 or 5901 (whichever is used) to the IP assigned to the Powermac by your router. You might also want to ensure that this IP will be static so that it is always accessible.

I don't think we'll be able to help you with these router settings without knowing what make/model of router you are using.

it's a BT Voyager 2091 router
PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8GZ, 2GB RAM, 150 & 300 GB Internal Hard Drives, AGP Geoforce 5200 64MB Graphics Card, Superdrive.

Forum Links
Forum Rules