Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Partitioning and backing up a Boot Camp only drive.

Partitioning and backing up a Boot Camp only drive.
angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2011, 09:47 AM

I have an internal hard disk on my Mac Pro fully devoted to Boot Camp, Windows 7 resides there. As I would like to try Windows 8 DP, I would need to create an additional partition. I much prefer not to delete the working Windows 7 installation, but I don't know if that is even a possibility. So, I should ask a couple of question regarding this:

a.- What's the safest bet to backup my Boot Camp hard drive so that backup can be restored later if needed.?

b.- What tool(s) should I use to partitioning (non-destructive would be nice) this Boot Camp hard disk which currently has one partition.?

I've read about WinClone but it seems to be a bit irksome since the software is not longer in development. As for Windows clone/backup apps… I am utterly, hopelessly clueless.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Links
Forum Rules