Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > AirPort Express Networking Problems [Official Thread]

AirPort Express Networking Problems [Official Thread] (Page 3)
2piece
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2005, 09:22 AM

I understand that when I had the AEBS by it self, I had it configed to accept B&G signal. From what I read, I can be on G, but if the AEBS picks up a B signal, all the wireless clients will default to B speed. My question is that I recently added 3 AEX to the AEBS and have the AEBS set to WDS and all the AEX optioned to extend AEBS ntk. Also the AEX it set to accept wireless connections. If a B signal connects to the AEX, will the AEX communicate with the AEBS also as B or will it stay G?

iduff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by -Q- View Post
Just got an Airport Express and using the open source firmware online was able to set up the Express to extend my wireless network. It was a bit of kludge to figure out how to set up the express (the guided assistant really doesn't work very well for this-the Airport Admin is much better), but once you have it it works flawlessly. Really an impressive bit of kit.
Could you provide more details about the open source firmware? I could not find it on SourceForge... Thanks.

Blizzake
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2006, 02:21 AM

i can connect to my airport express, and play thru airtunes, but i can not get on thet net. i have the airport wired directly from my cable modem.

it does find my ip but i can not get on. camino says dns or network issues.

any help?
thanks
C2D Blackbook Week 44

Forum Links
Forum Rules