Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sexy Teacher = Crazy?

Sexy Teacher = Crazy? (Page 3)
Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2005, 05:59 PM

I agree...sort of.

INSTA-POLL: How many of you guys here had sex at the age of about 14? And was the girl/woman older? Lastly, did it really screw you up?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2005, 06:05 PM

I had. Same age. Debatable.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 19, 2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
I agree...sort of.

INSTA-POLL: How many of you guys here had sex at the age of about 14? And was the girl/woman older? Lastly, did it really screw you up?

You forgot "And was it your teacher?"

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2005, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zimphire
You forgot "And was it your teacher?"
Yeah some people don't get that this it was a teacher ... also under age of consent IS rape. At age of consent it is up to the guardian to make the decision to file charges and at 18 and over it is up to the state and police to determine so.

Even thought at 14 I wouldn't rat on an chick for this particular gift it is still rape.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 19, 2005, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter
[b]Further, that kid is going to be one screwed up adult unless he gets some exceptionally good psychological care for a long, long period of time. How do you think a 14 year old would develop if he's just noticed that there's a use for those "dangly bits" of his, and whammo! His babe of a teacher gives him one-on-one tutoring in sex ed? I think he'd believe he was immensely irresistable, and probably would try to convince others that his belief was correct-forcefully at times.
I don't agree in the slightest. If he had been physically forced to have sex, then I would consider your argument.
I was 13, she was 16, maybe 17.
Didn't have sex again for nearly 4 years after that, and nope, not really screwed up.
(Obviously she wasn't an 'authority figure'.)

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 19, 2005, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by AKcrab
I don't agree in the slightest. If he had been physically forced to have sex, then I would consider your argument.
Force does not have to be physical to be force. And sometimes it is the psychological force that is the most damaging. Honest, as a former rape crisis counsellor, he is GOING to have problems.

Originally Posted by AKcrab
I was 13, she was 16, maybe 17.
Didn't have sex again for nearly 4 years after that, and nope, not really screwed up.
(Obviously she wasn't an 'authority figure'.)
And the three or four year difference in your ages is significantly different from the NINE year difference in the ages of the two people in question. There is a WORLD of difference in maturation, socialization, personality development, etc., etc., between someone in her early twenties and someone in his early teens. This difference is not only what gave her the leverage to "pursuade" him, but also what has the potential to massively mess his mind up.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2005, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
It's about determining the standard for what is rape.
It's legally defined. What happened was legally rape, even if the kid thought he wanted it. I made some dumb decisions when I was 14 - things I wouldn't decide the same way now.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2005, 09:35 PM

I'm not condoning what she did. I'm not suggesting that it's good. I'm sure he'll sue the school district and get a few million and that will help pay for his mental therapy.

Our 12-year old will be 13 this year, the same age as Villi Falau, the kid that was raped by Mary LeTourneau, also a teacher, up in Washington state. The same two who just got married about 6 weeks ago after she finished her stint in prison.

If some teacher seduced my son at his age you can bet your bottom dollar that I would be really hot and I'd have blood in my eye.

HOWEVER, this would never happen. My son would never LET a teacher seduce him. At the first sign of something like that happening he would come and tell me. I can hear it now: "Mom, I have to tell you, Mrs. LeFave is REALLY weird. Let me tell you what she did today..." He would tell me. He tells me everything, all of the secrets, etc. I always go into his bedroom and sit and read my book or magazine or work on my computer while he goes to sleep and we have the best talks about everything under the sun. He tells me everything on his mind. We have even discussed sex and sexual jokes and other things that he has questions about - nothing is too deep.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 19, 2005, 09:46 PM

At least you THINK he would tell you.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2005, 09:54 PM

At the first sign of something like that happening he would come and tell me. I can hear it now: "Mom, I have to tell you, Mrs. LeFave is REALLY weird. Let me tell you what she did today..." He would tell me. He tells me everything, all of the secrets

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 19, 2005, 10:24 PM

I know

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2005, 10:46 PM

He would tell me. I think I know my son better than you two do?

He told me last year that the band teacher was touching a girl in his class inappropriately. I told him to stay away and maybe let the school counselor know. About a month later the band teacher was removed from his position and prosecuted. He admitted to making inappropriate contact in a letter of apology to the district and the girl's family. (He didn't have sex with her, however.)

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2005, 10:49 PM

Time for Sexual Harassment Panda.
( Last edited by wolfen; Jul 20, 2005 at 04:48 PM. )
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 19, 2005, 10:54 PM

Most mothers do.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 19, 2005, 11:02 PM

"I think I know my son better than you two do?"

Are you asking or telling?

you "think", which means there is doubt, and there should be.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2005, 11:08 PM

All teenagers have secrets. Yours is probably just better at pulling the wool over your eyes.
It's a normal part of growing up, to define yourself as a person.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 19, 2005, 11:14 PM

We have penises. You don't.

pnwed

jcadam
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2005, 11:58 PM

He told me last year that the band teacher was touching a girl in his class inappropriately. I told him to stay away and maybe let the school counselor know. About a month later the band teacher was removed from his position and prosecuted. He admitted to making inappropriate contact in a letter of apology to the district and the girl's family. (He didn't have sex with her, however.)
It's always the band teachers. My band teacher back in junior high got fired and sent to prison for 14 years. He was screwing one of the 8th grade flute players. Told her he loved her, God meant for them to be together, and that they would get married as soon as she turned 18. Funny, he was already married, to a real woman, who was also pregnant at the time.

I Remember the talk he gave the class one time, about how he might cross the line between being a teacher AND being your 'friend.' I think he was trying to get the students on his side by saying the girl got all pissed after he gave her a hug following a concert. He WAS a pretty charismatic guy, who was good at this job. Most of the kids liked him (but not in that way).
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 12:03 AM

The parents who say that are often the ones who know the least about their children.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2005, 12:49 AM

Hmm.... hot teacher... wanting me... hmmm.....

I don't know. Honestly, as a teenager, what guy wouldn't want to be getting some from a hot older woman?

I must also agree that this kid is going to be fine. Goodness, its not like he was FORCED. Big difference there.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
Hmm.... hot teacher... wanting me... hmmm.....

I don't know. Honestly, as a teenager, what guy wouldn't want to be getting some from a hot older woman?

I must also agree that this kid is going to be fine. Goodness, its not like he was FORCED. Big difference there.

not the point

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by rjenkinson
your points are irrelevant to the issue at hand: a person in a position of authority used it to have sex with a minor. who started the relationship does not matter, nor does any pleasure he or she got out of the arrangement.

-r.
And how exactly did she use her authority to have sex? I must have missed that part...

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:03 AM

Her being in her teaching position, used said position to have sex with 14 year olds?

Not too hard to figure out.

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mithras
What if it's a 36 year old Catholic priest, and a 14 year old boy? And the boy wants it? Any objections?
I would still say it's different than the Catholic priest FORCING the boy to have sex with him, or taking advantage of the kid (psychologically).

That to me is "rape".

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:08 AM

Her being in her teaching position, used said position to have sex with 14 year olds?
What did her "teaching position" have to do with it?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Warung
What did her "teaching position" have to do with it?
Where did she find said boy to have sex with?

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:13 AM

Where did she find said boy to have sex with?
That is complete conjecture.

Do you think the boy wouldn't have had sex with her if she just was some chick he saw during some other daily routine? - I highly doubt it.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2005, 11:13 AM

teaching position

(that was a Kama Sutra joke)
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:16 AM

That is complete conjecture.

Do you think the boy wouldn't have had sex with her if she just was some chick he saw during some other daily routine? - I highly doubt it.
What do you think this last post of yours was?

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:20 AM

What do you think this last post of yours was?
First and foremost, a question.

Well, why do you think it was her position as a teacher that necessarily led to them having sex?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:23 AM

Could have very well been. No one can say either way.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 11:25 AM

Well, why do you think it was her position as a teacher that necessarily led to them having sex?
How many other ways would she have easy access to, and a position of authority over, under-aged boys? The grade-school teacher-student relationship is not one of equality.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:28 AM

She is in a position of authority (not unlike priests) and if they already had a good teacher/student only relationship then he would feel comfortable if she suggests she wants more. Just so you know when your a teacher we spend more one on one time with kids than most parents do. That being said student/teacher relationships (non sexual) develop and students end up trusting teachers moreso than parents.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2005, 11:30 AM

You guys are hung up over positions, that's for sure. It's actually quite simple:

1) Somewhat attractive and young teacher sends "vibes" to the kid.
2) The kid picks up the vibes and gets a woody about it.
3) They get together and do whatever they do.

End of story. With all the info we have so far -- that's it. The chips fall that the only reason they got together was because they were in the same place at the same time. Just because she was the teacher and he was the student, that doesn't mean she held that over him (I'm going to fail you unless you put out, kid).

Her brain's messed to where she gets her rocks off to young boys, his get off to anything. Period. It's as base as saying "they met" at school until further info is released.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
You guys are hung up over positions, that's for sure. It's actually quite simple:

End of story. With all the info we have so far -- that's it. The chips fall that the only reason they got together was because they were in the same place at the same time. Just because she was the teacher and he was the student, that doesn't mean she held that over him (I'm going to fail you unless you put out, kid).

Her brain's messed to where she gets her rocks off to young boys, his get off to anything. Period. It's as base as saying "they met" at school until further info is released.

Maury
Except that her job as a teacher allows her easy access to underaged boys

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2005, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak
Except that her job as a teacher allows her easy access to underaged boys
GOODLORDPEOPLE!!!!!!!

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!!!!
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 11:45 AM

GOODLORDPEOPLE!!!!!!!

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!!!!
That has everything to do with this. Why are most of the women who have sexual relationships with underaged boys teachers?

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:45 AM

Could have very well been. No one can say either way.
But you seem to be so utterly convinced that her "position" had something to do with it.

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 20, 2005, 11:48 AM

But you seem to be so utterly convinced that her "position" had something to do with it.
I am? News to me.

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:48 AM

That has everything to do with this. Why are most of the women who have sexual relationships with underaged boys teachers?
Is this true?

And if it is, couldn't it just be that that is the situation which allows for the most contacts (regardless of positions of power or coercion)?

You might be infering something here, that really isn't the case.

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 11:50 AM

I am? News to me.

Not too hard to figure out.
Funny. Alzheimer's perhaps?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2005, 11:52 AM

The same reason that most people that get struck by lightning were on a golf course or standing under a tree or holding a metal pipe.

Maury

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 11:52 AM

Is this true?

And if it is, couldn't it just be that that is the situation which allows for the most contacts (regardless of positions of power or coercion)?

You might be infering something here, that really isn't the case.
You are right, I am inferring. I should have said "Why [does it appear that] most of the women who have sexual relationships with underaged boys teachers"

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 11:55 AM

The same reason that most people that get struck by lightning were on a golf course or standing under a tree or holding a metal pipe.

Maury
So, there is something about her position in a school that increases the chances of her having sexual relations with under aged boys, just as there is something about the golfer's position on a golf course that increases his chances of getting struck by lighting.

Neither should put themselves in that position.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2005, 11:57 AM

So women shouldn't teach boys?

Warung
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 12:00 PM

You are right, I am inferring. I should have said "Why [does it appear that] most of the women who have sexual relationships with underaged boys teachers"
Well, this is my cop out answer here:

Because many other cases aren't reported?!

"Mrs. Robinson" wasn't a teacher...

jcadam
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 12:49 PM

Maury
He makes a point.

Ok guys, imagine this if you will:
Picture yourself as a teenage boy again. Pick the cute female teacher you had the hots for and used as your wanking fantasy (Most guys have had a crush on a teacher or two). Now imagine she asks you to stay after class and then comes on to you. What would YOU do?
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2005, 12:50 PM

Most cases of sexuel abuse of children are done by relatives. I'm pretty sure this also applies to women->child abuse cases. And a lot of these cases stay within the family and are never reported.

Most likely it appears that most of these cases are female teacher->child or male priest->child because the media becomes aware of those cases and reports them overproportionally.

historylme
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2005, 01:07 PM

Maury

Speak the truth my brotha!

It's a biology thang subject. She was just teaching him about animal selection.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 01:49 PM

Does every thread on MacNN turn into this?

Can't we all just agree the teacher was hot and leave it at that?
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Forum Links
Forum Rules