Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I spilled water on my laptop!!!

I spilled water on my laptop!!!
Jbabz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2010, 10:47 AM

My laptop keys are working incorrectly. I spilled a little bit of water on my keyboard.. but apparently it was enough to screw over my keyboard. My laptop was on and for some reason I am too much of an imbecile to realize H2O affects Macbooks.. So I happily continued traipsing along the internet and facebooking. After a couple of hours my computer began to slow down.. A lot. I then turned off my computer and when I turned it back on I was locked out of my laptop. No password I entered could allow me to gain access again.

I took my Macbook into Apple and a helpful associate turned my Macbook on and undid the password option. He proceeded to tell me that my keyboard was messed up - on the keyboard actions screen both of my shift keys are acting as if they are perpetually pressed down. I tried to turn my laptop back on at home and other keys began to act funny. My problem is that I am leaving for India TOMORROW and basically IM SCREWED.

This Macbook is 4 months old. It is the newest version so the battery I was told is not user-removable. Any information on that...?

Please tell me.. Is there any way of saving my laptop? Can I dry it out on my own? If it is possible that I can take my laptop apart on my own.. Can I leave it apart in my suitcase and continue drying it in India?

PS.. I understand that I need to contact Apple Care but I am going for any other options before I spend any money for repair. Plus of course, Ill be in India. Oh life!

OreoCookie
May 20, 2010, 11:44 AM

We have a sticky thread on this particular topic, please use it for reference and discussion. Closing … 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules