Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators!

The Case Against Trump: Restocking swamp gators! (Page 14)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2016, 02:43 PM

Not that Trump supporters give two sh*ts about these little things we call FACTS. But this is just brutal!

In Sunday night's presidential debate, there were more than a dozen falsehoods and inaccuracies. NBC News and our friends at PolitiFact checked out the candidate's claims, and here's what we found.

Trump said he didn't urge people to "check out a sex tape" about former Miss Universe Alicia Machado. He did.

Trump said health care costs are going up by 68 percent, 59 percent, 71 percent. The national estimate ranges are far lower.

Trump said Clinton "acid washed" her private email server. She didn't. She used an app called Bleachbit, not a corrosive chemical.

Trump said Clinton doesn't know Russia hacked the DNC. U.S. intelligence has said they very likely did.

Trump said Clinton got a man accused of raping a 12-year-old girl "off" his charges. She didn't.

Trump said Clinton laughed at a child rape victim. She didn't.

Trump said Clinton "viciously attacked" four women. This is largely unsubstantiated.

Trump said his 2005 recording didn't describe sexual assault. It did.

Trump said Clinton's campaign started the "birther" movement. She didn't.

Trump said Clinton wants a single payer healthcare. She doesn't.

Trump said the San Bernardino shooters' neighbors saw bombs in their apartment. They didn't.

Trump said Clinton wants 550 percent more Syrian refugees. . That's true.

Trump said the nation can't screen those refugees. That's false.

Trump said he was against the Iraq invasion. He wasn't.

Trump said he doesn't know Putin. That's not what he said before 2015.

Trump called Obama's Syrian red line a "line in the sand" while Clinton said she wasn't secretary of state then. They're both wrong.

Trump said Clinton will raise the middle class' taxes. It won't.

Trump said Michelle Obama was in 2008 primary ads attacking Clinton. She wasn't.

Clinton said there's no evidence that her server was hacked. Sure, but the FBI noted that sophisticated hackers wouldn't leave any evidence -- even if they did hack the server.

Clinton said deleted emails were "personal, not official." They weren't all personal.

Trump said the moderators hadn't asked about Clinton's emails. They had just finished a question about them.

Trump said Bernie Sanders accused Clinton of exercising bad judgment. He did.

Trump said the federal immigration enforcement agency ICE endorsed him. They didn't, a union of some ICE employees did.

Clinton said she apologized for the way she talked about Trump's supporters. She said she was sorry for saying half his supporters were deplorable, not for saying they're deplorable.
24 Fact Checks From the Second Presidential Debate - NBC News

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2016, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post

I have heard people talking about Trump being accused of raping a 13 year old. I'm not sure where they got that from but thats every bit as reported now as what Clinton allegedly did. Anything Weiner did or didn't do has even less bearing on Hillary than what Bill did or didn't do. And you can claim it shows her poor judgement but Trump repeatedly objectifies and denigrates women in public. Even during presidential races, what kind of judgement is that?
Coming Soon from the Clinton campaign.

Insiders: Hillary to Accuse Trump of Rape to Cover Up Bill’s Sex Crimes
In an attempt to downplay Bill Clinton’s deep ties with convicted child molester – and Clinton Foundation co-founder – Jeffrey Epstein, Hillary Clinton will push a questionable lawsuit alleging that Trump kept “sex slaves” with Epstein’s help.
The Clintons’ achilles heel is Bill’s sexual abuse and his alleged pedophilia linked to Epstein, and to curtail this weakness they are trying to pin Bill’s reported crimes on Trump, according to insiders.
This is ironic – and desperate – given that Bill flew at least 16 times on Epstein’s private 747 known as the “Lolita Express.”
45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 10, 2016, 04:15 PM

Trump said the moderators hadn't asked about Clinton's emails. They had just finished a question about them.
Oy vey

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2016, 04:52 PM

I remembered that part.

Not so much a lie, but not paying attention.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 10, 2016, 05:56 PM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 10, 2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I remembered that part.

Not so much a lie, but not paying attention.
He manages to be wrong about events happening in real time that he is present for.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2016, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Not that Trump supporters give two sh*ts about these little things we call FACTS. But this is just brutal!

24 Fact Checks From the Second Presidential Debate - NBC News

OAW
Thats NBC, not a reputable source.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2016, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
Thats NBC, not a reputable source.
Yeah whatever. The actual fact-checking was done by the Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact.com. The NBC article is just compiling their assessments.

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Right, when Bill is accused decades after the fact that happens to coincide with his wife's presidential campaign we should all take it as gospel but when the 70-year-old orange frat boy who wants to screw his own daughter is accused? Thats the one thats just a political tactic.

Trump the serial pussy grabber?

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2016, 07:13 AM

Yeah whatever. The actual fact-checking was done by the Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact.com. The NBC article is just compiling their assessments.

OAW
There are at least a couple on that list I take issue with.

I don't think you can unequivocally call that tape a description of sexual assault.

The "acid washed" thing is such low hanging fruit it's dropped to the ground.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2016, 08:30 AM

Right, when Bill is accused decades after the fact that happens to coincide with his wife's presidential campaign we should all take it as gospel but when the 70-year-old orange frat boy who wants to screw his own daughter is accused? Thats the one thats just a political tactic.

Trump the serial pussy grabber?

Anything is possible, but you have to think occum's razor when you think about how much effort was spent by the republicans to take down Clinton while he was in office. It was an obsession.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2016, 08:43 AM

So, in addition to wearing a Gucci "pussy bow" top, Melania goes braless? Double troll?

This is still the pic of the debate.

45/47

OreoCookie
Oct 11, 2016, 04:36 PM

I don't think you can unequivocally call that tape a description of sexual assault.
But of course it is, ask the women in your life what they'd do to a man who groped their genitals and forced a kiss. (Unless you want to discuss legal minutiae and claim it “only” is sexual harassment and not sexual assault, although since Trump isn't accused of this in court I don't think the distinction matters.) Even more despicable was Trump's instinct to drag out 4 victims of sexual assault and exploit them under these circumstances.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2016, 06:53 PM

That is sort of right.

In civil court however I sure as shit could get a jury to take that as an admission of guilt of unwanted physical contact and that it establishes a pattern of sexual misconduct. It may not be as valuable in criminal court but the accuser would be walking away with a lot of money based off that video. Trump's admission of willingness to act without asking for consent on the part of the woman is undeniable and enough to get a judge or jury to rule against him.

That is all that would matter in the eyes of public perception.
If a reporter asked, "did a jury find you guilty of forcibly inserting your hand into a woman's vagina without her consent and against her will" and you have to say yes then what sort of trial it was and what laymen define it as is not going to make much of a difference.
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Oct 11, 2016 at 07:17 PM. )

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2016, 09:43 PM

The "acid washed" thing is such low hanging fruit it's dropped to the ground.
You're kidding, right? He described sexual assault. There is no wiggle room.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2016, 09:55 PM

So, in addition to wearing a Gucci "pussy bow" top, Melania goes braless? Double troll?
Will you have to go to confession for noticing that?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2016, 11:09 PM

Will you have to go to confession for noticing that?
No, but thank you for asking.
45/47

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
You're kidding, right? He described sexual assault. There is no wiggle room.
I'm not kidding.

The situation isn't binary.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 09:10 AM

The Apprentice” Microphone Guy Says Trump Repeatedly Called Him A “****ing Monkey"

(Censor breaks the URL)

ProTip: do not **** with the sound guys.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2016, 11:23 AM

45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2016, 12:14 PM

But it's just "locker room talk" though ....

Donald Trump barged in on Miss Teen USA contestants while they were changing clothes, and engaged in “creepy” dressing room banter with the girls — some as young as 15, according to a report.

At least four women told Buzzfeed that the mogul — who owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants from 1996 until last year — nonchalantly strolled into their dressing room during the 1997 pageant.

“I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my God, there’s a man in here!’” former Miss Vermont Teen USA Mariah Billado told the site about the alleged 1997 incident.

The Donald, she recalled, responded, saying something like: “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.”

‘No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant…’

Three other women, who asked to remain anonymous, also remembered the future Republican presidential nominee entering their dressing room while the girls were changing.

Two of them said the girls rushed to cover themselves, with one calling it “shocking” and “creepy.”

Eleven of the 1997 contestants told BuzzFeed they did not recall seeing Trump in their dressing room. The Trump campaign did not respond to the site.

Allegations about the dressing room intrusion come as Trump’s White House bid was sent reeling by a 2005 video of him boasting of his attempt to “f––k” a married woman and claiming that other women let him grab them by the “p––y” because he’s a “star.”

He has repeatedly said those comments were simply benign “locker room banter.”

The Miss Teen USA contestants discussed their awkward 1997 encounter with Trump in a private Facebook group after BuzzFeed reported that a contestant in an adult pageant said he had walked into a changing room packed with naked women.

BuzzFeed tried reaching 49 of the 51 contestants from the 1997 pageant. Thirty-four declined to be interviewed or could not be reached. Of the 15 women who spoke, none accused Trump of saying anything sexually explicit or of making physical contact in the dressing room.

Trump has boasted about invading beauty queen dressing rooms, calling it one of the perks of ownership.

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,” Trump told Howard Stern in a 2005 recording released by CNN.

“No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … ‘Is everyone OK?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible-looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”
Former teen beauty queens: Donald Trump barged in on us changing | Fox News

OAW

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 01:10 PM

I'm tired of the "locker room talk" excuse.

Locker room talk is talking about getting action, using all of the dirty words, etc. It is not bragging about unwanted sexual contact.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2016, 01:35 PM

The press is ALL ABOUT the 11 year old Trump recordings but NOT Hillary's corruption/connections between DoS, her campaign and the mainstream media. Go figure. I guess the Press pleads the 5th?

Wasn't Trump still a Democrat back then? Why didn't the Democrats give him a pass?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2016, 01:50 PM

Looks like there are cases of "buyer's remorse" going around with the Donald ....

Major GOP Donors Are Asking Trump for Their Money Back - NBC News

OAW

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
The press is ALL ABOUT the 11 year old Trump recordings but NOT Hillary's corruption/connections between DoS, her campaign and the mainstream media. Go figure. I guess the Press pleads the 5th?
Yes Hillary is connected to the DoS, her own campaign and the media like her better than Jabba the Trump. Everyone knows this. Theres no story there. No one would watch/read/listen to that so they don't bother telling it. Meanwhile the possibility that they might be about to elect a rapey overgrown frat boy is something people actually need to know so they can make an informed decision.

Maybe if people had known what Bill Clinton was like before they elected him, they wouldn't have. They didn't find out until it was too late that time, the same is not true of Drumpf.

Wasn't Trump still a Democrat back then? Why didn't the Democrats give him a pass?
Why would they?

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2016, 03:42 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself ....

If America operated with any shred of fairness, Donald Trump would’ve been “fired” a long time ago.

Even though the Republican presidential nominee has repeatedly denigrated women, black people, Muslims, Mexicans, and people with disabilities during this election cycle, he maintains a solid base of support. Yet it took leaked “Access Hollywood” video from 2005 showing Trump and host Billy Bush making lewd comments about women—including remarks that should be understood as sexual assault—for just some politicians and would-be voters to reject him.

Among those still defending him, former presidential candidate Ben Carson characterized the comments as “normal” conversation between men. But there’s nothing normal about men bragging that their stardom allows them to “do anything” they want to women, as Trump said, including grabbing them “by the p—y.”

While the glorification of rape culture should indeed be the central focus in denouncing Trump’s behavior, there’s another major issue that merits discussion after the video leak. Trump and Bush, and many men like them, behave with the knowledge that their wealth, their maleness, and their whiteness allows them to get away with actions most people would find reprehensible.

They’re what happens when white male entitlement goes unchecked.

If President Obama committed even a fraction of Trump’s indiscretions while running for office eight years ago, it’s almost guaranteed that his candidacy would’ve been dead on arrival. This isn’t to say that everyone should have the same right to commit grave offenses, pay lip service with staged apologies, and continue misbehaving anyhow. But it’s what Trump’s been allowed to get away with doing, further proving that people of color don’t get the same benefit of the doubt, nor are they afforded social graces that white men constantly abuse in the public eye.
Trump is what happens when white male entitlement goes unchecked | theGrio

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2016, 03:56 PM

I think these gentlemen have made a clear and convincing case against Trump. In song.

OAW

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 03:56 PM

by the p—y
Puppy?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kellyanne Conway
But enough of the pussyfooting around in terms of do you support us or do you not support us.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 06:15 PM

I feel this tape is a personal challenge from God not to cut loose with the dark poetry in public.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 06:26 PM

Why can't something just be right or wrong without the deflection, and any sort of response that involves another person? You hated when we brought up Bush in defending Obama and insisted that it just be about Obama.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2016, 06:49 PM

Seems like it might not just be "talk" with Trump.

Two Women Say Donald Trump Touched Them Inappropriately | NYTimes.com

OAW

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 07:25 PM

Here is what this election boils down to for me...

You need to live with and be at peace with your vote. If you don't want Hillary to win, unless you are really comfortable with Trump winning (in which case I literally question your sanity), why not vote for a third party or write somebody in? I plan to vote third party, because I don't think I can be at peace with Hillary or Trump.

If you manage to get lots of people to vote third party, there is still a very good chance that the third party person will not win, but so what? At best you'll send a very loud message and maybe create something that can be built upon for next cycle, and at worst if you are conservative you'll either be stuck with the liberal you didn't want, or the conservative you didn't want either. Either way, you aren't getting what you want, so what do you have to lose? The same is true if you are a liberal and you don't want HIllary.

Seriously, look at all of these sexual allegations about Trump coming in. Are you going to be comfortable voting for somebody you think might be that despicable of a human being? I'm just speaking to the conservatives here, because I'm not aware of any liberals here that are planning on voting third party.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2016, 08:51 PM

Well, that didn't take long.

Two Women Say Donald Trump Touched Them Inappropriately

[cringe]

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2016, 10:43 PM

There is a lot of oppo being dropped tonight. Yikes.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2016, 10:57 PM

They make good points about their named being dragged along.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2016, 12:31 AM

They do, and for the life of me I can't comprehend why any Christian would want any association with Trump whatsoever.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
They do, and for the life of me I can't comprehend why any Christian would want any association with Trump whatsoever.
I ask the same question about the Clintons.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2016, 01:03 AM

I ask the same question about the Clintons.
Then why don't you vote for a third party candidate?

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2016, 01:53 AM

… .
( Last edited by el chupacabra; Jan 5, 2024 at 01:49 AM. )

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2016, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra View Post
Are we just suppose to believe this because women said it? -------
Convenient the sexual assault accusations came out only after the recent controversy.
Is it more likely than not that a man with 5 children from 3 different women, at least two of whom he had extramarital affairs on, who has a video recorded history of making self-incriminating claims of sexual misconduct with unwilling females and cannot stop himself from making amatory comments about his inclinations towards attractive women... which includes lascivious remarks about his only two daughters..... and who boasts about peeping in on teenage girls in various stages of undress because of his professional position over them.... all facts which any of us can pull up on on youtube to see him doing... that he isn't the type of person who at some point crossed the line and molested at least one or two women out there?

That is what you find should bear disbelief?

Hahahaha.......

PS: this is at least the fifth-through-however-many-just-came-out accusations that began back in the 90s.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 06:14 AM

Then why don't you vote for a third party candidate?
I don't want more Ginsburg type judges appointed to the court.
I posted this in the Hillary thread

Fr. Longkenecker asks the the question An Ideologue or an Egotist?
A friend recently voiced their doubts and fears about a Hillary Clinton presidency and it made me think.

In a few weeks’ time Americans will go to the polls. Over the last year I have posted harsh words about Donald Trump, and people have got on my case for it. “Oh Father, why are you being so political?” I find people only object to a priest being “political” when he is criticizing the candidate they like–but that’s another matter.

I have been critical of Trump’s character because character matters. I have attempted to be equally critical of Clinton’s character because I think she is equally (or more) duplicitous, scheming, manipulative and dishonest.

There is another distinction between the two candidates, however, that ought to be considered. Trump may be an egotist, but Hillary is an ideologue.

An egotist is out for himself and nobody else. He is likely to be a greedy, lustful, dishonest bully. An egotist can ride roughshod over others to get his own way and will always believe himself to be superior and to deserve everything he grabs for himself.
However, an egotist might just, maybe, if we’re lucky, realize what a stinker he is. He’s not in it for anything other than himself, and he might just wake up one day and realize that its empty, he’s empty and doing everything for himself is not getting him anywhere.
In other words, the egotist is reformable. The egotist might realize what an idiotic, immature person he is being and want to be better.

An ideologue, on the other hand, is irreformable. An ideologue is driven by a high minded belief that they are right, their philosophy is right, their political judgement is right and their cause is right. The ideologue will do anything to promote their cause and reach their objective, and they will do so believing all the time that they are doing good.
The egotist might just figure out that what he has done is bad. The ideologue never will.
Secular ideologues believe in a brave new world. They believe in making the world a better place. They really do, and they really believe that their economic philosophies, their political plans and their Machiavellian manipulations are the way to make the world a better place.

Secular ideologues are also utilitarians. They believe that works is good and what does not work is bad. If abortion reduces the number of poor people or black people or Hispanic people, then abortion is good because it helps to eliminate poverty. If euthanasia helps reduce the number of infirm, expensive and helpless old people, and getting rid of them helps the economy, then euthanasia is good.

If supporting same sex marriage wins votes and brings in political donations, then supporting same sex marriage is good because the great plan to “fundamentally change America” must move on and the great plan needs money.

If “equality for all” is an ideological dream then anyone who seems to stand in the way must be eliminated.
Anyone who has picked up on my thoughts over the last year will know that I think Trump is a bad man and will be a bad president, but at least he might one day realize he is a bad person.
Hillary Clinton will never come to that realization about herself.
So I guess people will have to choose: the Ideologue or the Egotist.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2016, 09:21 AM

How sad would you be if Trump gets elected and appoints a justice that is not anti-abortion?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 13, 2016, 09:48 AM

The timing makes it understandably hard to swallow, but let's not pretend it's hard to imagine trump doing some of these things. Considering how well the stage has been set, I wonder if the Clinton campaign got them to sit on their stories.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 10:14 AM

How sad would you be if Trump gets elected and appoints a justice that is not anti-abortion?
We know what kind of judges Hillary will appoint. She has made that clear. Trump has posted a list of "originalist" judges he will appoint.
45/47

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2016, 10:36 AM

I don't want more Ginsburg type judges appointed to the court.
I posted this in the Hillary thread
Hillary's ideology is the accumulation of power for power's sake.

The irony is, just like her husband, she's so focused on the power, should she reach the pinnacle and become president, she won't have the slightest idea what to do with it.

Remember Bill had a reputation as a President who "waffled"? Hillary will be the same way. Just like Bill she'll be forced to start making things up as she goes along to fill this massive ideological hole in her heart and brain.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 03:36 PM

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2016, 04:18 PM

And now old footage from has surfaced with Trump perving on a 10 year old. Just goes to show you that people living in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

OAW

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 13, 2016, 04:43 PM

Let he who has not pervved on a 10 year old cast the first stone.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2016, 05:39 PM

Racist much?

Forum Links
Forum Rules