Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes outside the US !

iTunes outside the US !
parky_in_paris
Jan 10, 2001, 06:21 AM

I'm sure you are all very happy with your iTunes software (except for the name, iMusic would have been better).
But spare a thought for all those Apple customers who are not based in the US.
As usual Apple have only released the US -English version of the DVD firmware updater and the iTunes software.

And before you all jump on the bandwaggon and tell me it's because they have to do more work before it can be released - rubbish.

We have had to suffer a 'Trash' icon and US spelling in the menu items since OS9, this was supposed to make the release of International-English software faster if not at the same time as the US-English. Well that's what Apple said at the time to shut us up, seems we were taken in again.

Looks like February before we will get a look at iTunes, maybe by them the 3rd party drivers will be released as well.

Keep your customers HAPPY Steve, don't make them feel second best.

Why do we always have to get bad news with the good, itunes should have been released :-

For all OS Languages at the same time
With at least the most popular 3rd party drivers (for CD-R)

How many people are not fully satified ?

noliv
Senior User
Jan 10, 2001, 07:02 AM

You say that "We have had to suffer a 'Trash' icon and US spelling in the menu items since OS9"

???? I always have my 'corbeille' and french menus (os 9.0.4), I don't understand...

ceci dit, ils pourraient embaucher quelques traducteurs pour sortir les logiciels en meme temps partout en europe.

noliv
-noliv

noliv
Senior User
Jan 10, 2001, 07:04 AM

by the way, you can download the US version and try it
-noliv

MickS
Senior User
Jan 10, 2001, 08:27 AM

I downloaded the US iTunes version and it works fine for me.

I'm running on International English MacOS 9.0.4 (waiting for Apple to put the other 14 parts of the IE 9.1 update on the server).

IMO this is similar to iMovie. When iMovie 1.x became available I downloaded that and it worked fine. This despite the fact that in the UK we use PAL and the US use NTSC. It was another part of the OS that managed this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules