Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Problem setting time zone

Problem setting time zone
Larry767
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2004, 12:30 AM

I have a G4/800 with OS X 10.2.8 and Classic running. I have a problem with Classic app print jobs being scheduled to print 6 hours into the future. I had this once before and found that it had to do with the time zone settings in Classic being different than the setting in OS X. I booted into OS 9 and found that yes, the time zone was not set properly so I set it (to Regina). I then booted back to X and checked the time zone setting there. I found it to be blank. Then, when I chose Regina from the list, it said the time zone was GMT. Now selecting numerous other cities around the world the time zone does not change.

I zapped the PRAM and repaired permissions but it still is not working. I suppose it could be a corrupt plist or pref file but could someone tell me what file to delete? Or, does someone know the actual solution to my problem?

Forum Links
Forum Rules