Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > High end networking items for sale:

High end networking items for sale:
Rev2Liv
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2007, 08:48 AM

Linksys RVS4000. Features 64mb of RAM, Gigabit Ethernet, Jumbo Frames, VPN and a true FireWall. This is an excellent router for parents that need to prohibit applications from running on their kids computer without intruding. This router has many functions beneficial to the end user. 4 gigabit port supports a switch to add additional ports. I've found htis surve my needs quite beneficially for now. Sold new is $170.
My Price: $110

Netgear FVS124G. Gigabit 4 port switch with 2 WAN ports. This allows the use of simulataneous broadband connections allowing the router to optimize the load balancing of both. It also has an IPSec Firewall. Either routers. Please check it ou at
FVS124G - NETGEAR.com
Price: $90 + S+H

Netgear WNR854T RangeMax Next Wireless-N Router Gigabit Edition

top of the line draft 802.11n wifi router from Netgear. Features 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and up to 300 megabits of wireless transfer speeds.

Backwards compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g. It's very easy to use, extremely fast and aesthetically pleasing.
NETGEAR WNR854T RangeMax NEXT Wireless-N Router - Gigabit Edition

Once the bugs are hashed out the WNR854T will be king. It is the best combo all in one gigabit ether router and Wireless-N in one box.
Price: $90 + S+H.
( Last edited by Rev2Liv; Apr 5, 2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: price change)

Rev2Liv  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2007, 07:10 AM

bump for price decrease

Andru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2007, 01:12 AM

Didn't you state in an earlier post that this router is rubbish and to stay away from it?

Rev2Liv  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Andru View Post
Didn't you state in an earlier post that this router is rubbish and to stay away from it?
Aside from the N throughput issues, which is as much as Netgear's fault as much as Apple's, the router is excellent. It is stable, packed with features and has excellent wan to lan throughput, and when paired with Netgear N wireless card, achieves very fast speeds. It also has gigabit etherrnet which is included on every consumer Mac starting with the iMac G5 and continuing with the Intel Mac Mini.

SmallNetBuilder

Truth be told, i'm not too impressed with the througput and range of the Airport Extreme-N. Plus for a $179 router, it has a poor feature set.

Interoperablity between all draft-N devices/chipsets has been problematic. However, much of this can be attributed to buggy firmware rather than silicon. In time. With Draft 2.0 of the 802.11n standard approved, it will only be a few more months before we see draft-n products getting along with each other.

In closing, this is a solid router and works well in a mixed pc/mac environment.
( Last edited by Rev2Liv; Apr 7, 2007 at 05:43 PM. )

frankfuster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 7, 2007, 08:19 PM

I strongly advice anyone to take a look at this thread before buying anything from this seller:

AnandTech - ATTENTION: Possible Troll Alert

Thank you.

Kevin83165
Apr 7, 2007, 09:20 PM

Nice catch

Rev2Liv  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2007, 10:59 PM

Dear Frank,

I just sent you an e-mail with all the details of the tracking info. I have built up a lot of goodwill on this board, AnandTech and eBay. I do make mistakes on occasion but I stand by my name and always make things right.

Once you do get the card, I expect you to indicate as such on these boards. Also, anyone who i have done business with, please vouch for me.

I wish you would have waited to take the time and post this, but it is your prerogative.

Originally Posted by frankfuster View Post
I strongly advice anyone to take a look at this thread before buying anything from this seller:

AnandTech - ATTENTION: Possible Troll Alert

Thank you.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 8, 2007, 10:35 AM

I've had multiple successful transactions with Rev2Liv and would recommend anyone to deal with him. He's always been good to buy from.

uicandrew
Senior User
Apr 8, 2007, 07:57 PM

i've also had a successful transaction. it involved a cross shipment, which requires more trust on both parties.
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules