Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro - Require Assistance

MacBook Pro - Require Assistance
jedivulcan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2007, 09:41 PM

Well, two weeks ago I got this lovely replacement Macbook Pro from Apple. The left side of the screen's backlight is darker than the left side. What do I do? I'm so ****** off right now. This is my 6th Macbook Pro
1) Warped Casing/Latch Wouldn't Close
2) Warped Casing, Screen wouldn't close, worst than last one
3) Hinge cracked, squeaking even if you touched the screen
4) Superdrive DOA
5) Superdrive DOA
6) Apple decides to "comp" me for my troubles. Free upgrade to 3gb and 200gb HDD. A free black 80gb iPod, and free Final Cut Studio 2.
Two weeks with this machine. The backlight on the display shows signs of inconsistency and fading.

What do I do? I feel almost insane that I've been through this mess. I honestly thought highly of Apple products, but this is ABSURD. I know what I see, and it's faded. I'm scared. This is crazy. I'm not doing anything to these machines. I have two Toshiba laptops sitting downstairs, one glossy, and one matte, and regardless at what setting of brightness put the damn things on, it's consistent. They both, combined, cost less than this MBP.I'm shocked. What do I do? Help!

uicandrew
Senior User
Jun 8, 2007, 10:19 PM

all you have to do is go to this thread....it has the answers you're looking for.

MacBook Pro Screen Problems - Mac Forums

the original poster of the above thread has the exact same problem you have.
Mac User since Summer 2005 (started with G4 mini bought from macnn forums!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules