Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Appletalk Crashes

Appletalk Crashes
Zarkonnen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2003, 09:21 AM

I have a problem with Appletalk on my G4/450 AGP running Mac OS 9.2.2. When I try to connect to another computer, the computer will crash just after I press OK in the window where you select the volumes you want to connect to. Unless the computer has just booted, with no other applications running yet, it will usually crash so severely it requires a restart. (Black-and-white error box appears with a restart button.) If I try it just after restarting, the chooser will only crash with error 1, and the volumes will appear. Most of the time.

This means that I have to restart my computer every time I want to connect to another via Appletalk, which is quite often.

I've had this problem for ages - perhaps ever since I first got the G4. Therefore it might be a hardware problem. At the very least it's probably hardware-connected. So I'm not really sure whether this belongs into Powermac or Classic OS problems.

Note that the G4 I own is one of those models Apple did just before they had to drop the speeds of their entire G4 line by 50 Mhz.

Can anybody help me with getting this to work properly?
( Last edited by Zarkonnen; Jan 12, 2003 at 10:02 AM. )
Zarkonnen

Forum Links
Forum Rules