Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > share an Epson Stylus 600?

share an Epson Stylus 600?
paranoidandroid
Mar 8, 1999, 01:02 PM

I could use some help sharing a Epson Color Stylus 600 over a network. this is what i've tried whether i thought it would work or not:

(hardware) localtalk bridge - though since the printer can only be selected through the chooser (for either the modem or printer port) this didn't work.

(software) laserwriter bridge - i knew it wouldn't work, cause the epson doesn't have postscipt, and i was right. so then i installed InfoWave's StyleScript 3.6. that didn't work at all.

any suggestions?

thanks for any/all help you can give.
shawn

TwinFeats
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 1999, 09:37 AM

There's a new shareware program out called EpsonShare that will allow Epson Stylus printers to be shared over a TCP network. I don't have the URL handy, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll dig it up again.

DMSDFW
Mar 10, 1999, 05:39 PM

Some Epson printer come with drivers for serial and AT (AppleTalk), but to do AT you must get they AT card to share it on AT with the AT driver. If you get the AT card you could get a farllon LocalTalk to ethernet adapter and get to it though AT on ethernet. I have a HP DW that can do either serial or localtalk connected to this adapter. I have my PB5300ce on one of the rj-45 connectors and my desktop to the other rj-45 connector. Hope this helps.
David

Forum Links
Forum Rules