Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTMS not working?

iTMS not working?
Awimoway
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2004, 01:22 PM

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's not letting me buy music today. I first tried about 8 hours ago and got the following message:

Could not purchase "Unknown." An unknown error occurred (500).

There was an error in the Music Store. Please try again later.

This morning, I am still having the problem and there doesn't seem to be any knowledge base or helpful Apple support forum posts on error 500. I have tried a number of troubleshooting steps to fix it (trash iTunes prefs, try on different Mac, try on a PC, etc.) to no avail. An error occurs when I try to change my billing info too.

Is anyone else seeing this error?

Chris Grande
Senior User
Jan 31, 2004, 01:46 PM

I was browsing around the store the other night and every once and awhile I would get "iTunes Music Store is not available, try again later" I didn't buy anything so I don't know if it was the same issue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules