Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Does anyone here use D�j� Vu? (Comes with Toast 6)

Does anyone here use D�j� Vu? (Comes with Toast 6)
saltines17
Senior User
Aug 28, 2004, 04:51 PM

I'm trying to use this D�j� Vu backup software, and it seems to not work. For example:

I tell it to backup the folder "Library" on the drive "FireWire Backup."

So I check after it supposedly did the backup, and all it did was create a folder named "Library" on the drive "FireWire Backup" without actually copying Library's contents. Seems pretty useless to me.. I'm obviously missing something, right?

I'd really like to use this software, since it would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks again for the help...

Spliff
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2004, 06:14 PM

Do you have the latest version, 2.6.3? And what version of OS X are you running?

saltines17  (op)
Senior User
Aug 29, 2004, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by Spliff:
Do you have the latest version, 2.6.3? And what version of OS X are you running?
Yes, and I'm running OS 10.3.5 on a Dual 2.5GHz G5, if that matters.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2004, 01:52 AM

Try creating a folder on your external Firewire drive. Call it "Daily Backup" or something like that. Have Deja Vu backup your Library folder to the "Daily Backup" folder.

Have your tried backing up other folders, like the Documents folder? And are you doing scheduled backups or manual backups? If scheduled, try a manual back to see if it works.

tuqqer
Aug 29, 2004, 11:52 AM

glad you posted this. Makes me realize I have to reset d�j� vu and get my backups going again.

For what it's worth, I could never find a manual on D�j� Vu, but I did find this link on their site:

http://propagandaprod.com/help.html

And like mentioned earlier, get the latest version, because it does bootable backups.
Leopard 10.5.x •• 2.66Ghz Mac Pro, 7 Gigs RAM •• dual 20 Samsung LCDs •• MacBook Core Duo 13" 2Ghz White

Spliff
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2004, 01:56 PM

If you're still not having any success, download and install this version of psync:
http://www.jacek-dom.net/software/ps...ync-0.68.1.dmg

Then try Deja Vu. If it doesn't work, re-install Toast 6.0.7 with Deja Vu.

york28
Senior User
Aug 30, 2004, 11:12 AM

I use it, but it does run in the background, and it takes time to work... Are you sure that it was finished working when you checked it?

That being said, you shouldn't need to download any other software to get it to run- I believe it uses rsync and not psync. I say reinstall I guess, but something seems fishy.

saltines17  (op)
Senior User
Aug 31, 2004, 05:51 PM

I *think* it's working now. I didn't do anything special; it just seems to have decided to work. Let's just hope my FireWire drive doesn't die Thanks for the help!

york28
Senior User
Sep 4, 2004, 02:53 AM

I just wanted to note that I was incorrect, Deja Vue does use psync, not rsync as I had thought before.
We need less Democrats and Republicans, and more people that think for themselves.

infinite expanse

Forum Links
Forum Rules