Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > mp4 to DVD, sync problems

mp4 to DVD, sync problems
vmpaul
Professional Poster
May 12, 2005, 05:22 PM

I've got a bunch of video files from my DVD recorder that I've digitized using Handbrake.

Formerly, using other formats besides mp4, if I ever wanted to retrieve a video and watch it on TV I would drop the file on Toast and it would encode and convert it into a watchable DVD.

That doesn't seem to work with mp4 and Toast. The sound is always out of sync. I can't figure it out. I've tried several different conversion paths to DVD but they all have syncing problems.

Any reason this happens exclusively with mp4? Is there any fix?
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

vmpaul  (op)
Professional Poster
May 13, 2005, 09:33 PM

Since nobody had any answers I'll follow-up with the solution I found.

Seems if you Export the mp4 as DivX AVI (not regular AVI) file it seems to fix the syncing problem when you burn with Toast.

I don't know why but it works.
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

Rychiar
Forum Regular
May 24, 2005, 11:50 AM

for me any kind of avi takes ages to encode in toast and then i get video on the dvd that has less than half waht it should for frame rate. annoying divx is sumthin pcs actually do right
iMac G5 1.8 ghz 20in. 1.5 gigs RAM, 250 gig Harddrive, Fully Wireless
60 Gig Original Overpriced iPod photo
Power Mac G4 450 768 Megs RAM
5 Gig Original iPod (RIP 12-20-04) :(

Forum Links
Forum Rules