Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Canon DIgital Rebel package...a LOT of extras!!!

FS: Canon DIgital Rebel package...a LOT of extras!!!
MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 15, 2005, 09:24 PM

Hey all,

Time to get rid of the digital SLR that has been collecting dust on my shelf. Here's the list of stuff.

-Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP
-original 18-55mm lens
-original cables and battery charger, etc.
-Original box and manuals.

Now for the fun stuff...

-TWO extra Canon batteries
-1 GB Lexar 80x professional series compact flash card
-Backup 128 MB Sandisk compact flash card.
-Canon 58mm UV filter (never used)
-Canon camera case made specifically for the Rebel
-SanDisk USB 2.0 Compact Flash card reader and PC Card Compact Flash card reader for those of you with Powerbooks.

And now for the kicker...

My beautiful girlfriend bought me an incredible lens for this camera...unfortunately, I just don't use the camera enough to justify the lens. This thing is a monster 75-300mm Canon IMAGE STABILIZING lens. Is is the 75-300mm IS USM lens. You can look up the specs at on Canon's website. It sells for $500. Considering I barely used it, I'll include it for $400 or sell it separately for the same price.

ALSO...

The camera is covered under a Best Buy Service Plan until March '06 (Exchanged older broken camera for the Rebel in February 04). I will provide copies of the receipt and relevant paperwork.

So, total price for this package??? I'm looking for $1000 OBO without the big lens, $1400 with it. Feel free to email me at moviecutter (at) mac (dot) com or PM me with questions. I have positive feedback on eBay under filmmaker2002. You can see pics here...

The amazing Rebel package...

So let's recap...

-Canon 6.3 Rebel (EOS 300) ($749 Normally)
-2 extra batteries($50 each = $100)
-Canon camera bag ($65)
-1 GB 80x Lexar CF card ($120)
-128MB CF Card ($20)
-UV Filter ($??)
-USB 2.0 SanDisk card reader ($15)
-PCMCIA CF Card reader ($15)
-Service Plan Warranty until March '06

-Optional 75-300mm IS USM Canon lens which has built in stabilizer motors..this thing is AWESOME, I just wish I could justify having a big bad camera around. ($500)

Thanks everyone!!!
( Last edited by MovieCutter; Jun 15, 2005 at 11:01 PM. )

amphora
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 15, 2005, 11:14 PM

According to your prices listred above, the total package is worth $1080, plus the ?? for the UV filter. Not quite the steal by knocking off $80 for a used DSLR that is not one of the newer models. You might consider exaggerating your original equipment prices a little more to make it sound like we would be saving something here.

MovieCutter  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 15, 2005, 11:36 PM

Those are lowball estimates and the OBO after the price means "or best offer", but thanks...

thefunkymunky
Jun 16, 2005, 05:51 AM

Wish I could afford this. I'm thinking about getting a digital SLR to replace my Canon G5.

I may be interested in that big lens. Would you ship to UK?
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

MovieCutter  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2005, 01:05 PM

Sure, I'll ship over the pond.

thefunkymunky
Jun 17, 2005, 03:29 AM

How much would you charge for shipping to UK and will you take offers on the lens.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

thefunkymunky
Jun 17, 2005, 08:00 PM

Is this on eBay now?
facebook

Forum Links
Forum Rules