Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Amazon Search Order

Amazon Search Order
detritus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2006, 12:22 PM

Is there a way to indicate a preference order for Amazon searches (beyond the first)? I.e.: I want by default to get results from .ca, then .com, then .co.uk, etc.

If not, what is the order the app uses by default (if I've selected .ca as my preference).

Thanks,

-Josh

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 19, 2006, 04:45 PM

It moves, in my experience, up the list, from bottom to top, wrapping around. Bear in mind it searches all the Amazons and only uses your preference when there are multiple hits. Even if, say, Amazon France is last in your list, if it's the only one with results, it's what you'll see.

This comes up when, say, a UK record store will somehow sell a CD with a US barcode and Delicious Library keeps pulling up the US release and confusing the heck out of the user.

detritus  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2006, 05:28 PM

Cool, thanks.

Please consider the option to order the list in the preferences as a feature request. :-)

Also, it would be nice to be able to disable sources - I almost never want data from Amazon Japan, since it's in a character set I can't read! It would be nice to be able to configure it away.

-Josh

Forum Links
Forum Rules