Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > v2 license in v1?

v2 license in v1?
tmg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 7, 2008, 09:35 PM

Hi

I'm a new user, and really like the app. Enough to purchase a v2 license, even though the scanning thing is driving me a bit nuts, as my symbol ls4008i doesnt work properly with it.

It does however work just fine with v1.6.6, which is unfortunately restricted to 25 items in shareware mode.

My clever plan (and I do confess at this point that I took a punt on this one) was to buy dl2, pop the license key into v1 until v2 gets fixed, so I can get on with scanning my library, and then move it over to dl when the scanning fix gets in.

I couldnt find anything to say this wouldnt work so I decided it was worth a go.

Unfortunately it doesnt. Its no big deal, so if the answer is it just doenst and there is no way to, then its a not a big deal, but if any of y'all know if its possible, I would be intersted in hearing how!

thanks in advance

T.

anyrandomthing
Jun 14, 2008, 11:18 AM

i'd email support and ask.

DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2008, 05:49 PM

Yeah, that won't work. The problem is if the DL2 code worked for v1, because of how we've written the apps, the v1 code would also work for v2--and that just wouldn't do! If anyone else is contemplating this, you can purchase v1 for $20, then purchase the upgrade to v2 for $20--this way you'll have both licenses and will have paid the same amount as if you were just purchasing a new version 2.

@tmg email me and I'll sort this out for you. Sorry for the trouble. =)

Forum Links
Forum Rules