Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Default sort is reversed

Default sort is reversed
Pipsqueaky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2007, 03:26 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I have a question about DL 1.6.6.

For several months now, whenever I open Delicious Library and go to the Music collection, my music is sorted by Creator in *descending* order - Z to A. If I resort in ascending order, go to a different collection or shelf, and then go back to Music, the albums are once again sorted by Creator in descending order. I've tried everything I can think of to reset the default sorting order for Creator, but nothing seems to work. Interestingly, it seems to only affect this particular field for this particular collection. None of my other shelves or collections have this problem, and if I sort by a different field in Music (say, "Title"), it defaults to ascending order.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2007, 03:11 AM

That weird. I'd suggest something is wrong with the plist that is preventing it from storing your changes. Try moving it aside (but don't forget to jot down your license code first.)

Pipsqueaky  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2007, 05:35 AM

Which plist - the Info.plist inside the package contents? I tried removing that and starting the app again, but nothing happened; DL didn't even open without that file.

I also tried deleting DL completely and downloading/installing a new version (and of course backing up my license key and exporting all the items to a text file, which as it turns out, I didn't have to do because that info is stored somewhere else). Opened up the newly-downloaded DL, my license key and all my info was still there, and so was the reverse-sort problem.

I'd be happy to try anything else you can think of.

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 17, 2007, 07:01 PM

Sorry, I meant the main preference list for the application, which is at (quick look in the Finder) ~/Library/Preferences/com.delicious-monster.library.plist

Forum Links
Forum Rules