Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 2 button apple pro mouse w/ scroll

2 button apple pro mouse w/ scroll
drainyoo
Senior User
Feb 23, 2001, 01:03 PM

Thats what i wish apple would make. Same look as the current apple pro mouse, just with 2 buttons and a little scroll touchpad.

------------------
Love is suicide
i hate project managers.

brown monk
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2001, 01:11 AM

I would buy one of those. Or perhaps I could just trade the my current Apple Pro Mouse for one of those since I don't really use it (gotta have the two buttons for games).
brown is sweeter
me_puter: outdated

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2001, 05:40 AM

But they got to do it right.

There's a strong case for one-button mice, more so if systems are to be marketed at newbies, especially kids or seniors. I've noticed this working as a teacher - many people new to computers have their mind full trying to cope with all that's going on, and on a multibutton mouse they probably hit the wrong one.

A 'marketing dept.' solution would be to have a BTO mouse selection, which would be quite ok, but an even better solution could be constructing a superior mouse.

In my opinion, two button + scroll wheel is a great config, but the big problem is the perceived equality of the two buttons. If Apple's designers could come up with a 'Big Primary Button and Less Obvious Second Button' - mouse that worked for both right- and lefthand users, that would be a sweet design victory.

Judge_Fire

[This message has been edited by Judge_Fire (edited 02-25-2001).]

rambo47
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2001, 01:18 PM

It may not be Apple, but Logitech has a great one out right now. I'm using the USB cordless 2 button = scroll wheel. Only about $40 at CompUSA. Great for anything but games. I've got the tracking set too fast for games like UT, so I keep another usb corded mouse (also Logitech) handy. Both can be connected at once via different USB ports and you can use which ever you choose. Drop one and grab the other. Both are ball-operated. by the way.

------------------
"There is no spoon."
iDisk: rseijas
Homepage: homepage.mac.com/rseijas

[This message has been edited by rambo47 (edited 02-25-2001).]

ariella
Feb 25, 2001, 05:50 PM

the apple pro mouse is nice ... but not $60 nice. i'd rather get a microsoft intelli.

Forum Links
Forum Rules