Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > SVCD Help!!

SVCD Help!!
TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2003, 03:04 AM

I've been helping my friend to make a slide show movie for her parents and then we were going to burn it to a SVCD so they could watch it (I don't have a DVD-R). Problem is, I can never get the SVCDs to play on anything, be it my G4 with VLC or consumer DVD players. I ran through the entire tutorial in the latest MacAddict and it seems the same as every other tutorial out there. So what's going on?

Here are a few of the details. The SVCD will have on track and a menu. Is the menu necessary? I can try to cut it out, but then the SVCD will not build (unsuitable mpeg file). Should I just make the movie track as the menu so it plays automatically? Also, when I try to play the resulting CD in VLC (0.5.3), I get errors such as "no suitable demux module" and "does not look like a valid MPEG PS stream, but continuing anyway."

Anyone have any hints?

TheBum
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 17, 2003, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by TimmyDee51:
I've been helping my friend to make a slide show movie for her parents and then we were going to burn it to a SVCD so they could watch it (I don't have a DVD-R). Problem is, I can never get the SVCDs to play on anything, be it my G4 with VLC or consumer DVD players. I ran through the entire tutorial in the latest MacAddict and it seems the same as every other tutorial out there. So what's going on?

Here are a few of the details. The SVCD will have on track and a menu. Is the menu necessary? I can try to cut it out, but then the SVCD will not build (unsuitable mpeg file). Should I just make the movie track as the menu so it plays automatically? Also, when I try to play the resulting CD in VLC (0.5.3), I get errors such as "no suitable demux module" and "does not look like a valid MPEG PS stream, but continuing anyway."

Anyone have any hints?
See if this page helps.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by TheBum:
See if this page helps.
I use this walkthrough for making a SVCD with no problems

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2003, 08:31 PM

For some reason, it still doesn't work. I still get the same demux module errors. Does it have something to do with the MPEG frameworks I have (0.7.3 I think)? It says it's an unstable branch at this point. Or does it have something to do with the exported format (DV stream)? Or maybe the menu? The .img file that is generated for the actual movie works fine in VLC, but the menu craps out. I'm stumped.

Forum Links
Forum Rules