Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > MOHAA crashes every time!

MOHAA crashes every time!
TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
May 28, 2005, 04:44 PM

So I just got MOHAA (I know I'm late to the game, but I made it eventually). In any case, I installed it just fine and went through basic training on version 1.11. Then when I went to the Arzew mission, it crashed right before I was going to make it into the level (after the briefing). Huh. Tried the updater -- same thing. Then I tried the 1.13 updater because I heard people were having problems with the 1.14 updater. Again, same thing. Then I read about SMP issues, so I disabled my second processor with the CHUD tools. Same crash. So I reinstalled the game and tried it from the start. Same crash. WTF?!?!?!?

I'm running 10.4.1 on a dual 867 MHz G4 with 1.25 GB RAM and a Radeon 9700 Pro. Any ideas or should I just return the damn thing (if I can, now that it's open).
Per Square Mile | A blog about density

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
May 28, 2005, 07:03 PM

Update: Same thing happens in 10.3.8 and 10.2.6 (I have these versions on other HDDs for some reason), so it's clearly not a Tiger issue. I'm really bummed, because I hear this game is awesome.

Brad Oliver
Aspyr Staff
May 29, 2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by TimmyDee51
Update: Same thing happens in 10.3.8 and 10.2.6 (I have these versions on other HDDs for some reason), so it's clearly not a Tiger issue. I'm really bummed, because I hear this game is awesome.
It's hard to suggest a fix without a look at the crash log. However, there was a 1.14a patch that fixed - once and for all - the issues with dual-processor Macs. I'd suggest using that version.
Brad Oliver
bradman AT pobox DOT com

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
May 30, 2005, 12:20 AM

Thanks for the reply, Brad. I'm in the middle of moving, so I just moved my CDs today. I'll grab it tomorrow and give the update a try. If it still crashes, should I send you the crash log?

Forum Links
Forum Rules