Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Re-encode MP4?

Re-encode MP4?
theokandroid
Forum Regular
Jan 10, 2007, 05:41 PM

Hey I've been encoding my DVDs for a while now in Handbrake. Most of them are 2200 MP4 format, but I'd like to manage them in iTunes and maybe export them to an iPod, and probably even get an AppleTV, so question is: Most of my videos are 640x480 which seeems to be kosher, but many of the widescreen stuff is 720x304, which the iPod doesn't seem to like, should I re-encode them or will it work. And if so how much quality will I lose playing them back on my TV.

k_munic
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2007, 03:43 AM

use Instant Handbrake (same source) ... should encode directly into a format that fits onto videoPod ...

DakarĀ²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2007, 11:08 AM

I don't think Instant Handbrake does the new larger iPod video format.

theokandroid  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2007, 03:28 PM

Right, plus since Im away at college I don't have the original sources with me. I was just thinking about using isquint. But what exactly is the supported size for iPod.

Forum Links
Forum Rules