Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 2.0: Does Calendar now support multiple calendars?

iPhone 2.0: Does Calendar now support multiple calendars?
kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 11, 2008, 02:52 PM

From some of the pictures, it looks like the Calendar application in iPhone 2.0 will support multiple calendars:

Can you select to view just one calendar? This would appear to be the case since there is a back arrow at the top that says 'calendars'. Can you select calendar groups? Can you add events to specific calendars now?

Also, does the meeting invite button (bottom right) work with iCal invitations or just Exchange?

kman

hsl
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 11, 2008, 09:25 PM

it looks like the iphone finally supports multiple calendars

about the invitations, i don't know. :-)
15,4" MBP (late 2008), 2,53Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD | 27" ACD | 11" MBA, 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM , 128GB | 16GB iPhone4 | 32GB iPad

The biggest fan of JoliOriginals MacBook, iPad and iPhone Sleeves!

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2008, 08:37 AM

Bit of a zombie bump, but I'm wondering if anyone is in my same situation.

iCal at home on imac: personal calendar events
Outlook at work sync'd through exchange: work events

I haven't turned on the work calendar sync because I have questions I can't seem to find solid answers to online...

1. Will there be 2 separate calendars once I sync? Or will all events merge into one? Will exchange just overwrite my iphones calendar?
2. If everything is just thrown into one calendar, do all those events start populating both calendars at subsequent syncs?

Anyone rocking a similar setup and can shed some light? I appreciate it.

gradient
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2008, 10:46 AM

You have to chose between syncing to iCal via iTunes or exchange, you can't do both. Once you turn on the exchange calendar sync, the option to sync through iTunes is unavailable, the same way it works with contacts.

kman42  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2008, 11:10 AM

Unless you have MobileMe, then you can do both. MobileMe and Exchange will appear as separate calendars on the top level of the menu. The same is true for contacts.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 21, 2008, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
Unless you have MobileMe, then you can do both. MobileMe and Exchange will appear as separate calendars on the top level of the menu. The same is true for contacts.
Seriously? For contacts too? That's basically exactly what I'm looking for. Now I know the price.

kman42  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by scaught View Post
Seriously? For contacts too? That's basically exactly what I'm looking for. Now I know the price.
I don't have an exchange server to test this myself, but I've seen it posted in several places.

Forum Links
Forum Rules