Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone need a carfax report?

Anyone need a carfax report?
torsoboy
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2008, 12:27 PM

I bought a month of unlimited carfax reports while I was looking at some used cars and I no longer need it... it has unlimited reports until August 31st. The email address is tied to my junk email account and the password is generic for it, but I don't want to put it out right here for the world to spider, so if you are interested send me a private message.

Edit: No longer available... sorry!
( Last edited by torsoboy; Aug 13, 2008 at 09:42 PM. )

amerlinawati
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2008, 10:06 AM

can I please have the log in account instead?
if yes please email it to me at redacted
thanks
( Last edited by Chuckit; Aug 8, 2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Didn't read the instructions)

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 8, 2008, 05:15 PM

Just in case "redacted" isn't clear to everyone, Chuckit edited out amerlinawati's posted email address because (and this applies to everyone in the universe) IT IS STUPID TO POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON A PUBLIC DISCUSSION FORUM. The 'Net is full of a variety of automated methods of harvesting email addresses and other individual information, and because of that, any publicly accessible medium is subject to having everything you post read by anyone at all—especially spammers and their minions.

If you want someone to contact you, use the Private Message feature of the board. That really is private.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

torsoboy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2008, 08:00 PM

Well, that is one person's opinion anyway. In this day and age your email address is bought and sold to thousands of businesses without you ever putting it on a forum. Spam blockers block your spam.

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2008, 10:02 PM

Yeah, my gmail gets about 30,000 spam messages a month, I probably get a few a week in my inbox.

ImpulseResponse

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 9, 2008, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
Well, that is one person's opinion anyway. In this day and age your email address is bought and sold to thousands of businesses without you ever putting it on a forum. Spam blockers block your spam.
I have addresses that get almost zero spam. Like one every other month. One gets absolutely zero. Not every address is available to be sold... And if you PUBLISH your address, maybe that cuts out the middle man, but the bad guys still get your address.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

john98
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 13, 2008, 08:31 PM

I bought a month of unlimited carfax reports while I was looking at some used cars and I no longer need it... it has unlimited reports until August 31st. The email address is tied to my junk email account and the password is generic for it, but I don't want to put it out right here for the world to spider, so if you are interested send me a private message.
PM sent

thanks a lot

torsoboy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2008, 05:55 PM

I have only given out the carfax information to a couple of people here, but someone has decided to be a prick about it and looked up like 50 cars in it. My account with them is now closed because of the unusual volume of carfax reports being asked for. Some people have to ruin it for everyone. Good job prick, whomever you are.

Maybe I shouldn't have trusted the fresh-faced recruit John98.

Lint Police
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 15, 2008, 06:24 PM

Umm, duh?

cause we're not quite "the fuzz"

torsoboy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lint Police View Post
Umm, duh?
lol. well yeah, I'm too trustworthy I suppose.

zerostar
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2008, 07:35 AM

I have only given out the carfax information to a couple of people here, but someone has decided to be a prick about it and looked up like 50 cars in it. My account with them is now closed because of the unusual volume of carfax reports being asked for. Some people have to ruin it for everyone. Good job prick, whomever you are.

So a month of "unlimited" doesn't mean unlimited? I would ask for my money back.

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by john98 View Post
PM sent

thanks a lot
fail
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2008, 11:00 PM

Using Carfax in this manner violates their TOS. Mods should've locked this down early on anyway.

Cold Warrior
Aug 18, 2008, 11:04 PM

The laws of the jungle took care of this one. Lessons learned about strangers and the Internet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules