Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Giants: Citizen Kabuto Level 5 Crash

Giants: Citizen Kabuto Level 5 Crash
Cliff Corner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2001, 03:38 AM

I just got to level 5 on giants, and ever time when that little robot starts beeping and clicking about building a base, the program crashes. Its happened like three times now...
im on a dual g4/500, if anyone else is having a similiar experience or knows the fix, it would be appreciated.
I couldnt find any patches at any of the sites, for the record.
-cak

HamSandwich
Nov 24, 2001, 07:07 AM

Hi,
it would help if you could tell us, which config you have in detail and if you could send a crash report to omni, I think that is what the app was made for...

Steve

<Farpoint>
Nov 24, 2001, 10:19 AM

Interesting... I never encountered this issue during testing. If it keeps persisting, turn on crash reporter. To do so, open the console, go to preferences, and check the box marked enable crash reporter (in 10.1 only). Send the crash log it brings up to Omni group. Tim was in charge of the Giants test.

Farpoint

Cliff Corner  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2001, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by &lt;Farpoint&gt;:
<STRONG>Interesting... I never encountered this issue during testing. If it keeps persisting, turn on crash reporter. To do so, open the console, go to preferences, and check the box marked enable crash reporter (in 10.1 only). Send the crash log it brings up to Omni group. Tim was in charge of the Giants test.

Farpoint</STRONG>
I just did that. I'm on a dual 500 G4...hope a patch is released soon!
-cak

Worboren
Dec 12, 2001, 04:29 PM

Just got to the little robot and got a (first in my life! kernel panic (I think it was kernel panic - lots of garbage all over the screen) and the computer froze dead. No crash reporter or something. Suppose I've got the same case as Cliff, any update on this issue? Running 10.1 on a G4/400 AGP with 512Mb RAM.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2001, 01:02 PM

You may want to email MacPlay and/or Omni, one of the companies had a guy in here asking about a similar problem just a few weeks back.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2001, 01:05 PM

Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

livemotion
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2001, 02:45 PM

I would help you but the freaking game wont even play on my iBook 500. Since I opened the box, I acn no longer return it. yet my iBook does meet the minimum requirements.

HamSandwich
Dec 13, 2001, 04:28 PM

It is acceptable on an old Ti, but the small 66 Mhz bus of the iBook prevents Giants from being playable here.

livemotion
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2001, 05:17 PM

How about apple follows microsoft's trend this time and releases AppleBox game console...

Forum Links
Forum Rules