Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes won't recognize FW burner

iTunes won't recognize FW burner
Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2003, 06:01 PM

I purchased a mac compatible firewire card for an upgraded 7500 with a G3 card so I could use an external burner with it. The burner (8x QPS PX-W8432T) is seen and works fine with Toast 5.2 but I also intended to use iTunes with it. The problem is that iTunes does not seem to recognize that it is there. I am using the last version of iTunes (2.0.4) for Classic (I am running 9.1) Am I missing something I was supposed to do for iTunes to see it so I can burn through it? What extensions should I make sure are present?

So far all I get is "authoring support not found"

I downloaded Authoring Support 1.1.2 from the software list and it would not let me install it. I got through the first two install pages and then it told me I needed a Mac with built-in USB to allow me to install. And this page say's my burner is supported by iTunes.

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...art=5&ie=UTF-8

Fredo
Senior User
May 21, 2003, 01:29 PM

Toast and iTunes were somewhat incompatible in 9.1. To use Toast, go to the extensions manager control panel, and disable the Apple extensions: Firewire Authoring Support, USB Authoring Support, and Disk Burner. All Toast extensions should be on.
For iTunes, enable the Apple extensions, and disable Toast extensions.
Restart.
Who are the Brain Police?

bradoesch
Professional Poster
May 21, 2003, 08:06 PM

Since you can't get Authoring Support to install, you might be able to extract the files using TomeViewer.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 30, 2003, 03:14 PM

Toast 5 was designed specifically to play nice with Authoring Support.

But yeah, you'll need TomeViewer to actually install the Authoring Support stuff, but after that, you should be OK. Just disable the "FireWire Authoring Support" and "USB Authoring Support" extensions -- Toast 5's extensions will take their place.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules