Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PB17 will be my first Mac

PB17 will be my first Mac
GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Mar 18, 2003, 11:24 AM

About a month ago I started shopping for a new Notebook. I was in a local computer store(Microcenter) looking PC Notebooks when I happened to wonder into the Apple section. I started playing with the 15" PB and was immediately at home with the OS. I am an avid user of Linux/Unix at both work and at home. I went home and started researching the Powerbook series of computers. Within 2 hours I had placed my order online for the 17" PB(MacConnection). I feel my home network will now be complete. Windows 98 wireless notebook, Windows 2k wireless notebook, 2 desktops runnung Windows XP, One Redhat 8.0 server, one Sun Cobalt Raq3 server, and the highly anticipated PB17. I can't wait for this awesome machine!

djjava
Senior User
Mar 18, 2003, 11:28 AM

amen to that
http://www.pardonmyenglish.com "Spreading the Conservative Word...In English Only."
RevA PB17 with Panther, Lacie d2 160gb, 4G iPod, Vectorworks 10.5

Jacket
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2003, 02:43 PM

There are probably so many of us that are leaving the crashing world of the PC to the glory of the 17" Powerbook G4..

One I've transferred my PC data onto mine, I'll wonder how I survived the past 5 years with my PC.
Another PC to PB17 Switcher
Became the proud new owner of a PB17 on 03/22/03
http://www.mattmargolis.com (Part of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy)

Forum Links
Forum Rules