Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10 client limit - exactly what is it?

10 client limit - exactly what is it?
Vision
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2002, 09:11 PM

I'm running a copy of Mac OS X Server 10.1.4 as an internal web server. I chose the 10 client version because all I wanted to use it for was as a web server, which isn't affected by the client limit. However, exactly what does the client limit affect? I know it affects file sharing connecitons, but does it also limit POP connections? I would like to set it up as a mail server, but was wondering if the limit was just on filesharing or if it also limited POP/IMAP connections. Anyone have any insight?

Maneki Neko
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2002, 01:16 PM

In the past, it wasn't very easy to find this out, but it looks Apple added it to the OS X Server FAQ, located <a href="http://www.apple.com/macosx/server/faq/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Mac OS X Server is available in 10-client and unlimited-client versions. Client restrictions apply to simultaneous Apple File Protocol connections only, primarily used by Apple file services, Macintosh Manager, and NetBoot. The client restrictions do not apply to Windows, UNIX, and Linux file services; email services; or web hosting services, such as Apache, QuickTime Streaming Server, and WebObjects.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">

Forum Links
Forum Rules