Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Is anyone else disappointed with Apple's "priority" for shipping out powerbooks??

Is anyone else disappointed with Apple's "priority" for shipping out powerbooks??
MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2002, 04:53 PM

I could have easily gotten a Powerbook by now doing one of several things:

1) Going to an Apple Store, and getting lucky (this one I understand.. get some into their own stores first)

2) Order from an online retailer and getting lucky (this one I can understand a bit too.. The online retailers probably placed orders ahead of me, and have their shipments coming in)

3) Live in Europe, and order off of Apple's Website a week later.. This one I DONT understand. I would think that Apple would simply ship them out in the order the orders were recieved regardless of where you are from. Instead, those who ordered on Nov 11th or even later, who are in the UK, are getting their PBs shipped (SD w/1 gig ram), while those of us in the states, who ordered them later in the day on Nov. 6th (a week earlier) are still waiting to get a shipping notice. I am being told that mine will ship the first week of Dec.. C'mon Apple.. what gives???

-Mark

hippy
Banned
Nov 21, 2002, 05:00 PM

I disagree I live in europe and am all to often used to being treated like the poor cousins by Apple. My PB is shipping today and I ordered on the 8th Way to go Apple and thank you for releasing there is a big wide world out there!

MarkLT1  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2002, 05:05 PM

I'm not saying that any order should come second to a US order.. I am saying if a person anywhere, orders on the 6th, they should get their PB to ship BEFORE someone who orders on the 8th.. IMHO- you get yours after everyone who ordered before you, but before everyone who ordered after.

Originally posted by hippy:
I disagree I live in europe and am all to often used to being treated like the poor cousins by Apple. My PB is shipping today and I ordered on the 8th Way to go Apple and thank you for releasing there is a big wide world out there!

schwank
Nov 21, 2002, 05:06 PM

Im with ya..... they know they have the apple.com orderers hooked, so why not send em everywhere else to sell more and put us on hold.... but since Im getting mine on student ADC discount, Ill be waiting patiently

TobyX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 05:09 PM

Ordered on the 6th, no shipping notice at all, people on the phone telling me 3 to 5 weeks, I am mad, really.

What is so different about my European order than others?
Soylent green is people.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2002, 05:21 PM

Well, I called a couple of brick&mortar stores and some of them did order the very first day, shortly after the announcement.

Furthermore, some of them ordered something like 50+ units.

So it could be said that Apple is just trying to appease everyone, esp. if those stores only get say 1/2 of their order or whatever. ie. spreading the wealth around as it were.

So the guys walking off the street and picking these up are getting them because of the stores doing the early ordering.

Anyways, I finally gave up and cancelled my order with Apple and I'm just gonna wait for them to come in locally.

MarkLT1  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2002, 05:21 PM

TobyX-

Maybe it is just UK then.. there is a thread, a bunch of UK people who ordered around the 11th (SD 1ghz, w/gig of ram) are getting shipping notices today..

-Mark

Originally posted by TobyX:
Ordered on the 6th, no shipping notice at all, people on the phone telling me 3 to 5 weeks, I am mad, really.

What is so different about my European order than others?

TobyX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by MarkLT1:
TobyX-

Maybe it is just UK then.. there is a thread, a bunch of UK people who ordered around the 11th (SD 1ghz, w/gig of ram) are getting shipping notices today..
I ordered on the 6th, you must understand - the Apple Store UK is the SAME store as the Apple Store Germany. All calls are directed to Apple Ireland. Those orders were taken at the same place. I ordered earlier, about A WEEK earlier and the only thing I get is "3-5 weeks" every single time I call them.

I need to get drunk... now.

I guess this is not the only thing that pisses me off today. But it adds up to it.
Soylent green is people.

Forum Links
Forum Rules