Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > SATA Cables for MacPro 2008

SATA Cables for MacPro 2008
cnlevo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2008, 11:09 AM

I bought 2x blu-ray burners and they are SATA. There are two extra SATA ports under the front FAN housing in the case. However a standard SATA cable doesn't work. It won't allow the fan housing the lock down and plug in to power the fans. The ends are too big.

Does anyone know from experience or can shoot me in a direction of the perfect sized SATA cable (not length but the actual connection end). I've looked at angled ones, but they even seem to be too big.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2008, 06:00 PM

I removed the little plastic casing at the end of the wire, that joints the actual connector to the cable. So if you have any sata cable (i just had a generic red one that came with a harddrive), just take a screw driver and snap off the little end pieces.

Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2008, 12:08 PM

Sounds like you might need a SATA cable with a right angle connector.

Forum Regular
Dec 15, 2008, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bwa View Post
Sounds like you might need a SATA cable with a right angle connector.
I tried one of those and it didn't fit. I still suggest that the best method is just removing the rigid plastic thing...it doesn't affect the performance of the cable in any way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules