Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iTunes, anff, music store questions

iTunes, anff, music store questions
Toccatexx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2004, 12:36 PM

Hello
I plan to begin using the itunes and the imusic store.

I have many questions, and would like a good ref. point that may already have answered them, to save space here:

I have two computers, one at my home and one at my fathers. they are partitioned into several boot volumes. ""my"" boot volumes **may** have different computer names, but the same password.

if I download ACC filfes on one of these partition, and then to and iPod, will that ipod work and use the purchased music on my other computer that may or may not have the same user name?

can I convert ACC apple mosic files to standard ANFF files to make a CD to play in a standard car cd player that does not play MP3s's>>

thanks

Tocca

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2004, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by Toccatexx:
if I download ACC filfes on one of these partition, and then to and iPod, will that ipod work and use the purchased music on my other computer that may or may not have the same user name?
Yes, this should work. With the music you download from the iTunes Music Store, you are able to play it on 3 separate devices of your choice. You can play it on your computer, your iPod and another computer. You just need to "Authorize" the other computer you'd like to play these files on.

Originally posted by Toccatexx:
can I convert ACC apple mosic files to standard ANFF files to make a CD to play in a standard car cd player that does not play MP3s's>>
Yes, you can do this as well. Very simply from within iTunes. You can select your tracks, and burn them to an Audio CD format just like any other music file (Mp3).

Hope this helps!

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
Yes, this should work. With the music you download from the iTunes Music Store, you are able to play it on 3 separate devices of your choice. You can play it on your computer, your iPod and another computer. You just need to "Authorize" the other computer you'd like to play these files on.
The iPod does not count as one of the three devices. Only PCs or Macs are counted. You can use as many iPods as you want.
Vandelay Industries

dtriska
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2004, 10:00 PM

Just a couple of comments, as knowing these things will help you in the future.

The application is called iTunes, but the music store is called the iTunes Music Store.

The audio format is Advanced Audio Codec; thus it's AAC, and not ACC. Also, it's AIFF, and not ANFF.

The only username that matters is the one associated with the account from which you purchase your music. This is usually an Apple ID account. Just be sure that both computers are authorized using the same account, and you won't have any trouble using your purchased music on either computer.

Also, regarding the iPod, I'd imagine you'll need to manually update the iPod in some fashion as automatic updating could cause some problems if you're using it on both computers.

Finally, the only limit in regards to burning your purchased music is that a playlist that has purchased music in it can be burned only up to ten times without changing the order of the songs. This limit is to prevent the burning of downloaded CDs for resale.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 18, 2004, 03:59 AM

Wrong forum.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules