Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Desk Accessory Memory Usage?!

Desk Accessory Memory Usage?!
PhoenixG27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2001, 08:41 PM

I'm having a *really* weird problem.

When I try to open anything that is officially a "desk accessory" it says that there is not enough memory available and I should try turning up the virtual in the memory control panel.

I've got 160MB or RAM, and the two things that I'm trying to open (Calculator and Calendar) take up prolly 200k RAM each. Also, I've noticed that the other "Desk Accessories" in the same folder are actually application programs and not true accessories. The only ones that are giving me this problem are the ones that are actually D.A.s. Anyway, I tried changing the creator/type in ResEdit with no solution.

Has anyone ever had this problem before!? These programs have always worked for me and I don't know that I've installed anything recently that would have messed them up. Thanx y'all.

"10-4. Phoenix out."

<anonymous>
Jun 27, 2001, 09:16 AM

PhoenixG27  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2001, 06:35 PM

Yes!!! Thank you so much! =D
"10-4. Phoenix out."

Forum Links
Forum Rules