Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > allmac.com - legit?

allmac.com - legit?
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2006, 01:24 PM

I found the LCD cable I'm looking for in order to complete my iBook mod (link in sig)...for only $12.

However, the site I found it on, allmac.com, seems to be incomplete at best. Is this a legitimate Apple parts e-store, or should I avoid this place? Anyone have any experience with this company? $12 just seems really cheap to me, especially since every other site online has this cable for $40+.

I also found that the only Apple reseller in my city (Indianapolis) can get me one for $20 + tax, which is only $8 more, so I don't know what to do now...
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

iKevin
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2006, 02:07 PM

I don't know about from their website. But i've bought from them on eBay before (CD's) and they were always quick to ship and fast to respond to any emails.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Dec 19, 2006, 06:40 PM

A quick glance at google reveals a lot of satisfied customers, so it's seems safe to me.

Next time you’re in Palo Alto, you should check out the We Fix Macs store on El Camino instead. Their website is AllMac - Your Complete Source for Hard-to-Find Apple Mac Parts. On 2 ocassions, they’ve saved my bacon & fixed my iPod and iBook right on the spot. 1 time my iPod’s screen had smashed because I left it on my lap and got out of my car w/o realizing it was still there- they fixed it while I waited. The other time they were able to get me a replacement logic on my iBook from their head office the same day. I was pleased w the service and they have free diagnostics so there is nothing to lose.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules