Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > External hard drive back up

External hard drive back up
winey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2008, 10:26 PM

I recently decided to boot camp my macbook 13" to install windows as i was using parallels before, from what i discovered i had perform a clean install of osx and then boot camp my macbook, in doing so i copied all the home folders onto my external hard drive i.e my music folder, movies, documents etc which took up 75 GB of space on my external HDD, i then deleted all my contents on my mac and had a freed space of 73 GB on my macbook, i had to write a cd of XP pro of which i had an iso so went back to my external hdd and via disk utility wrote the cd and was fine which indicates the data was trx succesfully in to my external hdd, now how ever after a clean install of my leopard i connect my external hdd and i cannot see the file and folders i transfered, but the hard disk tells me it has only 11GB of free space so where is all my data gone and 75 GB which i cannot see.. can any one help me with this weird problem,, hope my story gave you guys the full idea and i also need to recover my documents folder which is very important, is it possible,

Forum Links
Forum Rules