Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Apple Address Book

Apple Address Book
TheZee
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2006, 10:10 PM

Ok, here's the deal; I am running OSX 10.2.8 Jaguar and Apple Address Book version 3.0.3 Recently, whenever I attempt to use Address Book, nothing appears on any of the cards for individual people I have stored. I chose to view columns and cards. In the columns, everything is fine. Each group I is listed and within every group each individual is listed. It's when I click on an individual, instead of the personal information I have stored there appearing, it's just a blank card. Sometimes the information of an individual will show up on their card but if I attempt to edit the card, poof !!! The card goes blank. Also, when I click on a particular individuals card the window gets resized. Then if I click on another individuals card, the window gets resized again. All of the information I have inputed is there, it simply doesn't appear on the card or it will randomly appear for a card then when I click on the card, whoosh !!! It disappears again. Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on here and how I can fix it. It's a trip because I have used Apple Address Book ever since I first purchased my iBook with no issues then suddenly this data disappearing issue. Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated.
Peace out . . .
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

peterthorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 14, 2006, 08:28 AM

I vaguely remember something similar (but 10.2.8 was a long time ago). What if you search for a person - can you see/edit information then?

Peter

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 14, 2006, 04:15 PM

Thanks for taking the time to offer your expertise. I did a search for similar topics posted and was astonished to see that no one responds to these issues. Every other post of a similar nature to mine received 0 responses. So your input is greatly appreciated. My current plan of action prior to performing an archive and install is to; reinstall the latest OSX 10.2.8 Combo Updater, perform, not only a repair permissionsaa but a repair disk as well, try disabling Application Enhancer, and boot up in Safe Mode. I have trashed the .plist preference files associated with Address Book and iCal with no positive results. I did create a new, test, user account and logged in with it. Guess what ??? Address Book behaved as it normally should. So, doesn't that mean that the cause of both Address Book and iCal tripping out stems from my user account ??? Any guidance with figuring out just where abouts in my user account I should focus on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!! Peace . . .
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

Forum Links
Forum Rules