Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Time Machine - TC disk space low

Time Machine - TC disk space low
hab
Forum Regular
Jul 13, 2010, 01:30 AM

I think this is an application problem so I am posting here but feel free to suggest that I move it (to Networking? Consumer Hardware & Components?).

I have a 2TB Time Capsule that is backing up 3 computers on my network. The total current space used on these 3 computers is 560GB [iMac1: 368 GB; iMac2: 116GB; MacBook: 74GB]. Today, the TC started reporting the error message "Your Time Capsule disk is low on storage space." When I look at the data volume that encloses the sparsebundle files, the disk shows that there is 74 GB available.

I thought that Time Machine managed the space available for backups. I do not see any preferences in Time Machine that allow me to address this issue. Should I worry about this error message?
21.5" iMac 2.7GHz i5; 15" FP iMac 0.8GHz G4, iPhone 5S

Forum Links
Forum Rules